Thanksgiving was awesome!! It was great to get away and to see everyone. Thanks so much to C & C for letting us invade their home, and for playing with boys at the park. They loved it. Josh has come home with a variety of things he got from his cousins. For instance, he asks me a lot why "gooder" is not a word, and who Frankenstein is. His cousins know everything, according to him. We're almost back into the swing of things, just put away my leaves and scarecrows, which looked awesome buried under a foot and a half of snow when we got back.
I was feeling nostalgic for the good-old family updates, so I'll do highlights and lowlights from the last couple of months. Gary took me to Preston for my birthday, and I had a great time with my family. Gary and my mom both got me cameras, so I now have one, hooray! (One of them turned into clothes.) I spent the next couple of days with my sisters, picking and bottling apples, and felt good about my 60 plus quarts. Then, due to a series of unfortunate events, they did not get processed. Do you see why canning makes me cry? No matter, I got my sister-time in. After that we did one million things, which were all good, and included Andrew's birthday and Halloween. I guess one of the million things had germs attached, because then we spent the first three weeks of November sick. In the midst of that, we were able go to Preston to have a family Veteran's Day dinner. Random, yes, but a lot of us were available to get together, and we have an actual veteran in our midst. And it was fun! Also in the midst of the sickness, Noah woke up one day and said he was going to wear underwear. And he has ever since, for about a month now. His accidents are pretty infrequent now, except right when we got back from Arizona. He was so tired he peed all over the carpet, everywhere in the house, for 3 days. Not his pants, just the carpet. Oh, well, I'll still count the potty-training-himself incident as a highlight. Wish I knew a good carpet cleaner . . .
I just took a break from writing this to get on emailsanta.com with Josh. It is hilarious to watch how excited he is about Santa's reply. Also, Gary just said, "Who are you e-mel-ing?" He's consciously trying to aquire a Utah accent. Also we just had dessert that involves chocolate and a stick and a half of butter for 5 servings. So much for the trying to eat healthy between holidays.
P.S. Through a mistake of my supervisor, I was auto-terminated from my job at BYU Independent Study this week, and they won't re-hire me because of their hiring freeze. Cross your fingers and/or send up a prayer that I can get someone to be reasonable and do the re-hire.
Note a few months later: Got an email saying they eliminated the position. Life isn't all about money, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment