Nope, this isn't an inspirational bit about taking life a little at a time, although I have thought about writing one (and ironically haven't had time). It's just my monthly updates turning into weekly updates. The purpose of the monthly updates was that I was writing them a week at a time, but not publishing them until the end of the month because I didn't expect that anyone would want to read them, and was just slapping them on the blog for myself, for later.
However, when I was at my cousin's wedding, one of my cousins said, "I read your blog, but not when you publish this much at a time," and held up his hands two feet apart. I started trying to explain why I did it, but everyone at the table started agreeing. Somebody said, "Pace yourself." So, for the love of family, here is last week:
This week was our shut-in week since Josh and Andrew had surgeries on Monday morning. They all had colds before the surgeries, so that didn't help a ton, and then Noah decided the middle child could not be forgotten and developed croup. So, I did a lot of holding boys and cutting otter pops this week. On Thursday Josh was feeling better enough that he got high on his Lortab (watched TV upside down on his head), so that was an improvement, I guess. By Friday the kids were feeling better enough to have a Justin Bieber dance party. You've got to see their moves, it's hilarious. The dancing was followed by a nice crash (nap).
We were also able to get our van half-way fixed this week (it was broken down when I got back from girls' camp). So, we're half-way to driving it again, and that's good. Although it was crazy with three needy boys this week we were SO blessed to have a couple of friends make us dinner, so all we had to worry about was dispensing medication. Also, my mom was here on Monday to help out with boys and get them some new movies, which was awesome. On Saturday Gary fixed most of our sprinklers that weren't working, so that was manly and should help our lawn.
Some neighbors were doing fireworks on Saturday night so we went outside to watch, and of course the boys were fascinated. Noah helped out by trying to blow them out from accross the street. Somebody gave us a pack of sparklers and Josh put them in the diaper bag before church. Sacrament meeting sure was interesting. (I just wanted to say that, for some reason I didn't light them until later.)
Our first outing following invalid week was - family 4th of July! So good to see everyone, especially out-of-staters we rarely see. Andrew tried to get to know everybody since he's one of the new kids, and decided to start out by sucking on Uncle Christian's legs. Then later on, Uncle Taylor poured a glass of ice water on his head. He's one of the family now. Do I need to say the food was delicious? Yummm. Chatting, the Brent Fireworks Show, awesome . . . Poor Josh had a little too much fun; his throat has been killing him ever since we got home. It's okay, though, it was his most fun all week, and we have two boxes of otter pops.
5 comments:
Glad to hear that I sparked a change. I did read this post, but not the last mondo-long one, so it worked.
Curtis, you did us a favor. I'd lose concentration. And I LOVE those boys. They are so cute and funny and I felt bad for Josh. Andrew, on the other hand, seemed great after his surgery. Just goes to show one man's junk is another man's treasure...... And we like to hear about them more often because then you can post little funnies that keep us going.
I get the cousin thing now, Emily. Thanks for the explanation.
Andrew did better than Josh because he didn't have his throat worked on. I still remember how bad my throat hurt when I got my tonsils out, and that was 20 years ago.
And I like the idea of lighting up some sparklers if things get boring in sacrament meeting.
I love the new lay-out! Hey sparklers in sacrament meeting sounds like a blast. Where's your sense of fun?! ;) I hope your kiddos are feeling better! What a week!
You've been a busy mom. I hope your boys have had a speedy recovery!
Post a Comment