Yep, I mistyped pieoneer in the subject, but it amused me so I left it. So then I went to mention it, and typed it wrong AGAIN. But I like the idea of PIEoneer day, so I'm leaving that one, too. Next year, that will be my official holiday title.
We haven't updated in a while, but rather than catch up, anyway, bla bla behind . . .
Gary's triumph of the week was going to the dentist to get a cavity fixed (it was just a tiny thing), and not using any Novacaine. According to him, it was amazing. Hmmm.
Two weeks ago I spent most of the week in South Jordan at a teaching conference (trying to keep up my license). It was so great, and I'm excited about what I learned. However, I always start off those conferences thinking I need to find a way to get back into teaching right away, and end up thinking, "never mind." I had a colossal allergy attack the first day (Zyrtec, Allegra, Pseudafed, Benadryl, and Flonase were all called into action). The allergies gradually subsided, and a sinus infection was left behind. Also, I had to sit on a donut due to my broken tail bone. So, while I had a great time, it was embarrassing to be the girl sitting on a donut blowing her nose with a large box of tissues in hand. Feel free to make fun of me!
One of our best family moments in the last couple of weeks was our trip to the D.I. We didn't score a dresser like we hoped, but we laughed like crazy. Josh and Noah bought Star Wars and Mulan with their Great-Aunt birthday money (they are very pumped), and stayed so entertained with all of the toys while Gary and I looked around and imagined finishing grand projects. We decided it's a great activity - the kids are excited about the new-to-them toys, and we don't have to feel bad because they're all just dumped in the bin anyway. Highlight - Noah picked out a toy for everyone, and the one he picked out for Gary was an extremely muscular army guy wearing a full-on camo battle jacket . . . and no pants. He said, "Dad, this is for you. But he needs a diaper." Probably had to be there, but I was, so I'm chuckling.
My sinus infection is almost gone, it seems Andrews perma-cold never will be, some projects got done this holiday weekend, but it's slow. But we'll get there. We almost didn't celebrate pioneer day, but Gary decided he'd like to try a place in the boonies called the Miner's Cafe. Seemed fitting. So, we enjoyed burgers and Brigham's Brew rootbeer, just as our ancestors did. After we were home with our kids asleep, Gary decided to further the date by watching Weezer videos on Youtube. It was fun, but when it drifted to Everclear, we needed something to pick us up. I turned the computer around, and when Gary saw it again, he was watching the Boyz II Men "Motown Philly" video. It was incredible, we decided we need to dress as them for Halloween. Gary was pretty proud of my find, but decided to try and top it, and turned the computer around. When I saw the screen again, I beheld . . . Nelson, "Can't Live Without Your Love." Speechless. We tried to top ourselves, but it couldn't really be done, although of note was the Van Halen "Jump" video ("He's really flexible," Gary noted.).
On the way out of nursery yesterday, Noah told his teacher, "Thank you for coming." So probably she looked the other way when he bolted to the front during sacrament meeting.
Oh, I was done, but I have mention that Andrew is getting the funniest little personality. He interacts with us and gets excited at even little bits of attention. The other night he was sucking on a bottle of shoe gel (it was closed), and suddenly put it up to my mouth. When I pretended to suck on it he started belly-laughing. He held it up to my mouth over and over, and then to Gary's, and the joke never got old. Then he found the bottle again the next day and held it up to Josh. He's so cute. And our only child who goes to bed when he should (am I cursing myself?)
Okay, happy end-of-July!
7 comments:
Okay, first of all, you broke your tailbone?? How did that happen? I love the trip to the D.I., especially Noah's find. That's hilarious. And is getting a cavity without Novocaine sort of like giving birth without medication?
Yep. That's why I don't do it. Of course I've never given birth without medication and at this point in my life feel no need to change my attitude about those who place themselves on a pedestal because they have. Oh, am I on a soapbox? Actually I used to get no novocain and then decided "What the heck?"
Hi. You're awesome. I love the thought of you and Gary finding awesome videos on you tube trying to "top" each other, oh and Boyz to Men, my 2nd concert, totally awesome in my denim bib overalls, ha ha!
The real test is trying to give birth with just novacaine. No one has done that yet.
Depends on where the novacaine is placed.
gross, mother. em, i second what sarah said--you broke your tail bone?!?!?!?!?! i am sorry! i bet you were the cutest allergy-ridden donut-sitter ever. noah is too funny. i love you and will see you...next week!!!
One of my friends told me her favorite family activity was a trip to the D.I. There's no thrift store quite like it. I don't know if you remember, but I had a donut sophomore year for a broken tailbone. It was awful. Hope yours heals quickly.And whatever happened to Boys 2 Men? They were the quintessential early 90s boyband.
Post a Comment