Friday, September 3, 2010

Update: The 40 Dollar Bear and Other Events

So I typed a bunch of random things last night, and was going to go back and put in clever segues. But I'm not going to, so there.


Gary was giving the kids pudding tonight, but Noah kept crying that he didn't want any, he just wanted mom. So finally he ran over to me, and I picked him up and hugged him for a minute. He did a little sniffle and said, "Okay, it's better, I want some pudding now."

Josh started preschool again today. Neighborhood co-op again, and we are both really excited. Josh was so cute today, when I told him it was preschool day he bounced right out of bed, ate his breakfast quickly, and got dressed quickly. This is an amazing feat for Josh, who generally prefers to savor each moment (I'm trying to give him some credit . . .) This year his preschool class is 6 boys, no girls, so I may have to schedule some type of male de-tox for him.

After our Park City family mini-vacation got thwarted due to a trip to the ER and other awesomeness for Noah, we rescheduled for this weekend and it was fantastic! I swore to myself I would blog about it. We got to see Sara and Taylor as they were awesome enough to expand their collection of boys temporarily to include ours while we listened to the time-share presentation that made our trip possible.

So, I know I will be asked why Noah was in the ER. Long time, no update. He had been complaining of owies in his tummy/chest for days, but my dad said he didn't need to be seen unless he got a fever or cough, and in that case, right away. So, the night before/morning of our planned trip (4 a.m.) he woke up with a very high fever and screaming about the owies. The kid was delirious and talking non-stop, it would have been funny if not for scary. So, upon instructions, I took him to the ER (so reluctantly, but I wasn't about to harm my child to save money). Long story short is we spent 4 hours for them to tell us nothing besides to come in when it happened again. And I had to watch the worst hour-long episode of Dora ever. Noah was pretty cute, he kept on saying, "My bracelet is 40 dollars, my new bear is 40 dollars, my bandaid is 40 dollars," and I kept thinking about how sadly accurate he was. When his fever wouldn't go down hours after returning home Gary ended up taking him to a pediatrician (upon instructions), who figured it out to be a nasty virus that was causing stomach problems, gas pains, and acid reflux. Sad for Noah, but just non-serious enough to be frustrating. Whatever, we got a lot of quality cuddle time, when it didn't feel like cuddling an oven. And he's such a snuggly little guy when he wants to be . . .

So, have a great week, I'm sure I am missing a major family event/story, but all the rest is RS, preschool prep, me ruining furniture . . . oh, yes, Gary is now a primary teacher. He teaches the 5 turning 6 class, and seems to like it so far.

Okay, Happy Labor Day to all of you who deserve a rest from your labors . . .

1 comment:

Paul and Katie said...

Ruining furniture? That deserves an explanation