After I sent this letter, I realized how repetitive the last paragraph is. Maybe that just drives the point home. Right?
I started a letter on Sunday, never finished it, and now I'm seeing a lot of you tomorrow. We've had a computer crash this week (don't worry, Gary can still listen to talk radio on his blackberry), so I'm just now sending it. Oh, well.
The fun news is two weeks ago my sister Sarah visited with baby Madeline, and we had a great time playing everywhere from here to Provo. Then we got to have fun with my entire family when we ran a marathon relay for cystic fibrosis. We put together two teams, and also entered all of the cousins into the kids' K. Josh had a great time, and enjoyed the t-shirt and medal greatly, although he concedes that Tate beat him. With all of those entries, we really felt like we were running CF into the ground. Bad news is we passed our get-achey-then-get-spots disease to everyone else. Oops.
Noah has perfected his villanous laugh he uses when he's a bad guy (ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!), and it seems to fit a lot of the situations he finds himself in. He's still SO cute and cuddly, though. And amusing. I told Noah if he got out of his bed, I'd shut his door so he couldn't get out. He got out of bed anyway, and when I found him in my room he said, "Can't you just lock me in this room?"
Josh had his first soccer game, this time with Gary as the assistant coach. Josh still loves it, and when he's determined he can really get in there. I love it and wish sports throughout his whole life could be so non-competitive and just-for-fun as it is now. I was in charge of preschool this week and we had a great time doing rock experiments, growing crystals, and playing in the mine we created in our living room. The boys and I danced around the living room all week to the songs I had out for the occasion, and it was pretty adorable to watch them. The best was Josh in his underwear dancing to "4 Hugs a Day." He was really into it, complete with the hugs. So, it makes our house a mess for a week, but it's a good chance for me to do things with my kids that I always want to but rarely drag out. Okay, I just remembered, the other best is Noah putting his hands to his cheeks and saying, "Oh, no!" in one of the songs. Might not sound like a big deal, but imagine those big brown eyes above his squishy little cheeks. Yep.
Andrew's personality is really coming out. He'll get in there and wrestle with the other kids until it's just one big knot of boy. We're trying to feed him more real food because I'm tired of blending, and I think he's about that age. He loves a lot of things, but I swear he told me no the other day when I tried to give him a cube of sweet potato. He's as good natured as ever, and loves to laugh with the kids. Who are usually actually just trying to get him to laugh. He stands in the middle of the floor, and climbs on everything. It's nice to be number 3, because there's plenty of reason to keep belly-laughing through dinner.
And Andrew can only eat so many green beans before he starts screaming to be released from the chair, so that's the end.
6 comments:
I have my green bean limit too. The things your children say... you really need to keep a pen and paper with you. They kill me! I love them! Show them my picture and remind them of who I am. Then give them a hug for me. PS- have your secretary call me
Emily has a personal secretary now? Awesome. We had a fun time visiting you guys, too!
I was just reading some Eric D. Snider on-line and felt prompted to visit your blog. Man I miss Snide Remarks and I miss reading them with you. Your kids are so lucky that they get to hang out with you all day!
I just want to snuggle that little andrew. What a cute little bundle he is.
miss your kids and your face. noah kills me. josh as well. actually, so does andrew.
Your boys are so cute. I just want to take Andrew home with me. I love his rolls! :)
Post a Comment