Today when we all went out the front door, Josh ran to the mailbox and took a dirty diaper out of it. He then ran to the garbage can and put it in there instead. I asked him if he had put the diaper in the mailbox, and while he said no, his face said yes. We didn't receive any mail today.
Josh was excited to tell me today, "When I stand on my tiptoes, it looks like I'm 5!"
I've been trying to teach Andrew to sign "more." Today when he ran out of food, he started saying , "Mo, mo." He's my child, so of course I thought it was the most adorable ever. My quest to teach sign has not succeeded, but Andrew's way works just fine.
Noah has to be Superman all of the time now. My kids being superheroes is not new news, but Noah now not only always has a cape on (real or imaginary), he be addressed as Superman most of the time.
I did an exercise video today for the first time in ages. I thought the kids would all be climbing on me, but I was wrong, it was just Andrew. So I did 2/3 of it. Josh and Noah were actually exercising, the whole time. There is nothing cuter than Noah's jumping jacks. Except Noah's jumping jacks while wearing a cape. While we were working out Josh said, "I'm going to be the strongest kid in preschool!"
We went to Coldstone to redeem birthday ice cream coupons for Andrew and me. The entire time Noah was walking in he was singing, "Shorty is an eenie, meenie, minie mo lover . . ." Andrew loved the ice cream, and started crying when we removed him from the store.
The impending change of seasons is making me feel yucky, but I guess it's better than a diaper in the mail. For the most part.
(Please do not say you love winter. I won't be able to handle it. I love portions of it, but I do not love being stuck inside the house with sick kids and no husband for months. And if I do go somewhere I have to find 4 pairs of matching socks. I'm working on a being happy campaign, trust me.) (Also do not suggest I move somewhere sunny. It doesn't help the fact my situation is what it is.)
8 comments:
I live in San Diego and I have been stuck inside because of rain for over a week now. It is just the snow in Utah that is the problem. The sun can hide wherever you live.
Andrew is just too smart, he wants to talk!
Noah, I mean Superman, is just too cute.
Joshy and the diaper, hilarious! With his exercising and standing on his tip toes he could fool lots of people.
What is it with little boys and their fascination with dirty diapers? And who needs matching socks? Mine never do.
Had it not been your boy, that would make for the RUDEST postman in the world! ...so I'm glad it was your boy, cause then that's just funny:) Your boys always make for a good laugh, huh?!
Your boys and their antics make me laugh. I just made a little cape for Amy's 16-month old for his "Mexican wrestler" Halloween costume and she reports he will not take it off. Nacho Libre anyone? And as for winter--every September I get a sense of impending doom. That is when I am happy Amy lives in Florida and I can plan a trip. I am just not cut out for six months of dreariness.
I want to come play at your house--where toddlers are doing jumping jacks with capes on.
I love your random posts.
Now that Everly doesn't scream for the entire car set ride we'll have to come out to Standbury to visit. The holidays are crazy so maybe I'll just plan on coming during the legislative session...when you need adult conversation anyway :)
I feel your winter pain. I try not to think about it, and focus on Christmas (except for the part that I have to shop for a ton of people a lone with three kids). I swear this year I am not going to worry about it as much and just try to focus on the spirit of the Holidays...
Kelty and Josh might give each other a run for their money. She is currently into exercising and being super healthy and strong. She also loves super heroes. But she wants to be word girl...
I do not love winter. It's especially awful to acclimate after living in Alabama. What, I can't wear flip flops year round?
As for the diaper in the mailbox, love it! Generally, my dogs find diapers and ingest them. Gross, I know. Oh, and my girls never signed and I think they've turned out quite well.
Your mini-font disclaimer cracked me up. Your winter is my summer--- inso far as single parenting goes anyway. :) So I do like winter for the fact that I"m not on my own. Anyhoo--- good luck enduring through this one. May it be your BEST winter ever! ;)
Post a Comment