Sunday, January 15, 2012

Little Miss Lissy - Blessing and 2 Months Old

Little Miss Lissy is still little! Why an exclamation point for such standard baby-news? Because she is the smallest 2 month old we've had by several pounds. It was fun to have our chubby boys to snuggle, I'd totally take another one, but it's new and precious to have this little girl. She was 10 lbs. 8 oz. at her 2 month appointment (actually a couple of weeks after she turned 2 months), which is somewhere between the 30th-40th percentile. She was also 90th percentile in height, so she's tall and thin so far. (I didn't get a printout from this doctor, so for my recording-forever's sake, my memory is as good as it gets.)

Elisabeth still has tummy troubles, which is sad, but when they're not bothering her she loves to interact with us. Her smile is adorable, and she just loves to chat and chat. Here are some pictures I've gotten of her in the last month and a half or so. I was just thinking today that while pictures can be cute, and awesome pictures are awesome, no matter what you pay for those pictures it can't compare to a tiny little girl cooing and smiling at you, with her tiny little toes kicking around. So, that's my blessing for the moment, I get to have her for real. Not screaming can be a blessing for another moment. :)









Lissy was blessed on New Year's day while we were in St. George celebrating the holidays with Gary's family. My parents and sister came down, and I also have a sister who already lives there, so little Elisabeth had a lot of family to love. I cried during the entire blessing. It's hard bringing a baby into the world, then taking care of her along with her 3 energetic brothers, but a moment like that puts the reasons for doing it all into focus. I felt a real sense of what a precious daughter of God she is, and how much He loves her. She was blessed to be able to know that, and to do all of the things she will need to do to follow the Spirit. I just loved the sweet sense of peace I felt, and love for my daughter. And although it wasn't about me, encouragement for me. Gary said the people around him gasped when he held her up afterward. He is a proud daddy. And a good one, too. And I should have touched up my make-up before the following photo shoot . . .




Gary's dad, Gary's mom, Gary, Me and Lissy, my mom, my dad

My dad apparently did this to seek shade in St. George. Unrelated, but amusing.

Kristen, me, Hannah. Aren't they gorgeous?


Andrew, Jill, Bethany and Lissy, Sydney, Christian, Leah. All of these cousins LOVED helping with Lissy in St. George. The girls were constantly asking if they could hold her, and were so cute with her.

Lissy isn't good at letting small-fry hold her. But Andrew is nice . . .

Hannah and Lissy

Kristen, Lissy, Shane

Noah and Lissy

Uncle Eric and Lissy









Uncle Taylor and Lissy

Uncle Christian and Lissy. Because she is covering the print on his T-Shirt, it looks to me like he is going to baptize her.

It was a lovely day. Really. And her lack of head-adornment is related to how I rang in the New Year. It's not too spiritual, so later.

5 comments:

Julie W said...

What a beautiful baby girl you have. I'm so sorry about the tummy problems; that takes some of the glow off the whole experience. The magic three month date should help.

sarahflib said...

She's beautiful. She also has Noah eyes in one of those pictures.

Val said...

Emily, Lissy is just absolutely beautiful! Her blessings sounded perfect. Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry about the tummy issues. Zaylee had them too and it's hard...really hard. If (I mean when) you need relief please call.

Ali said...

What a sweet little petite thing! She is such a pretty baby. I love the dress too. You look great, by the way!!

Shalet said...

She's totally adorable!