Josh got to asking about false prophets tonight during FHE, and I was attempting to teach the boys how the Holy Ghost will tell us what is right, and who is good. I started in on my explanation, and before I could elaborate Noah said, "I know another way you can tell the good guys and the bad guys. If it's a bad guy he'll say 'hee, hee, hee,' but if it's a good guy he won't say 'hee, hee, hee.' " (You should have heard him and his villainous hee hee hee.)
Today while I was feeding Lissy, Josh came up to me with a smoldering rag. Yes, embers and everything.
After the exciting moments of them to running it into the back yard and dumping it on the snow (as per my instructions, right after, "Aaaah! Get that out of the living room!"), I was told the fire had started when Noah put the rag on top of the light fixture. I hadn't even had a chance to give any correction when Noah started saying, "That was a bad, bad decision. I've learned my lesson!"
I've wanted to buy a carpet cleaner for a while, but it never quite surfaced to the "must buy" list. Then the other day Andrew took off his diaper, pooped on the carpet, and dragged it into the kitchen. (To be fair, he wasn't happy about it.) As was hauling him up to the bathtub to wash him off, I was thinking about the carpet, and wondering if I should just buy the carpet cleaner. Should I spend savings for such a thing? To buy or not to buy . . . I had to scoop all of the bathtub letters out of the tub in order to prepare for the nastiness I was going to put into the tub, and after I put Andrew in I looked down at the letters. The ones on the top were B-U-Y. Coincidence? I think not. I'm buying it. Can't wait to share that in Sunday School.
Andrew said his first prayer without our help tonight. It wasn't funny, it was sweet and adorable. I loved how excited Josh and Noah were for him. Aaah . . . it's all worth it and then some.
5 comments:
Man, you're life is seriously always a party. If I ever get the feeling that I'm lacking some excitement in my life, I just head to your blog.
FIRE?! Wow. that's a first. you're officially inducted into that special club of moms. And how can you deny that you must BUY carpet cleaner? I am amazed you've survived motherhood as long as you have (based on the, um, "creativity" and "explorer-like nature" of your boys) without it! Honestly, if I had to choose, I would pick carpet cleaner over laundry detergent. Fortunately we are in a first world country and I can have both. :)
Thanks for sharing the adorableness.
Oh, we have a whole bunch of Resolve on hand at all times. Though it doesn't work as well as this stuff my cousin gave me at my baby shower called Nursery Stain Remover. Haven't found it since. Anyway, I'm talking about a Hoover carpet cleaner, a big extractor thing. Probably need that worse than laundry detergent, too. :)
As far as the carpet cleaner goes I totally understand. You think it is something you just want, and then something happens that jumps it to the top of the need list.
Santa brought us one last month. My girls decided the toy food in the carpeted play room wasn't enough fun and they got a dozen eggs out of the fridge and cracked them all open into a tiny toy mixing bowl that was not a large enough size for a dozen eggs, so the eggs were overflowing the bowl. Not to mention the discarded egg shells were sitting on the carpet too. I should start blogging again.
Your boys are going to need some guardian angels when the teenage years roll around.
love it! (hee hee hee) :)
We just recently bought the little green machine from amazon and cleaned our carpets in our car with it...amazing. Love it. There's a review in case you're interested.
Post a Comment