Wednesday, February 6, 2013

The Mono-Mutation and a Foundation of Ribs


Weird thing - Andrew got in his bed and went to sleep tonight. I think we all have some mutated-to-be-like mono virus. We are so sleepy! Lissy wants to sleep all day, Andrew and Noah have been napping, I can barely blink my eyes for tiredness . . . this is weird, people. My children are not nappers these days.
My kids have been extra tired for about a week, but it just hit me yesterday. Oh, my, did it. I was helping Josh with a science project, trying to make Asian Lettuce Wraps, and keep all the rest together . . . around 7:45 I was sitting on a stool exhaustedly watching the boys run around in their underwear with weapons. How would I ever finish the science, calm the children, put them to bed, and clean the kitchen by myself while in such a fog? I needed chocolate. Then suddenly, unexpectedly, the door opened . . . my Gary!! Holy crud, that was the earliest I'd seen him home by several hours. Not only that, he'd brought mint chocolate chip ice-cream sandwiches and a gallon of milk (we were out). Holy choir of angels, my life was saved. Best part was, it wasn't because I was whining on the phone to him. I was trying to do it all myself, and he just felt the urge to help. Love, love him. Wish I would have gone to bed early, but we talked and talked . . .

Spent the morning judging the science fair. All of the kids who gave oral presentations were adorable and knew what they were talking about, and so it made me sad not to send some of them on to district. I wanted to give them hugs and tell them what great kids they are to do it, but I guess my job was to write down scores . . . this is why I'm cut out for teaching little kids, I like situations when everybody can feel great. Anyway, it was fun to see the projects and to have a little get-away. 

Also, gotta get this paper off of my counter, but I have to record it for Sarah about it first. Found it in some church stuff from quite a while ago. It's a sketch of Lehi's dream, wherein I labeled the foundation of the great and spacious building as "Britney Spears and baby back ribs." Beware, people!

2 comments:

sarahflib said...

Ha ha ha ha. Love that picture. Glad Gary saved the day!

Katie said...

Gotta love Gare Bear!