After waving goodbye to Tahoe, we traveled the windy road down to Roseville to visit Gary's brother Drew and his wife Stacey. The kids were pumped to see their cousins, and the visit did not disappoint. We first met them at Baskin Robbins because Scott was having a little end-of-season basketball party there, and even though the place was totally packed and us giving no introductions, Trevor and Andrew found each other and started having a fun fake punching fight. Birds of a feather!
Not only was it fun to visit Drew and Stacey, it was like returning home a little. Gary and I lived with them for a few months when Josh was a baby and Gary was an intern at Roseville City. I was going to say I wish I blogged then, but no, I don't. I wouldn't have had time. Josh screamed constantly unless I held him and I typed emails with one finger back then. ANYWAY, it's a great place and I remembered why we thought we should move there.
The boys immediately dove into playing Beyblades - turns out Scott is also a fan, so once again, those birds of a feather. They could have played those things for the entire time we were there, which allowed adults to go for runs, but then it was pool time.
I was upstairs getting dressed when I kept hearing Andrew shout, "Cannonball!" outside, each time followed by a splash. The "expensive" pool was out! That's what Scott called it when he was younger and it stuck. Though not actually expensive, it was awesome!
 |
| Trevor looking on as Andrew does one of his "cannonballs." |
 |
| Trevor's turn at the top, all the boys are in action. |
 |
| Stacey and I were sitting at the kitchen table when we suddenly saw boys just piling into the pool. It was hilarious - she got video, but I have these pictures of their race. |
 |
| They did the race over and over, and would jump out to do it again as soon as they got in. |
 |
| The side view shows it all - in and out of the pool, then do it again. |
 |
| After the pool, the kids took a little break and played Wii. I thought this was pretty funny. |
Some friends of Drew and Stacey were awesome enough to let us come swim in their back yard pool. It was cold, but really hot outside, so it felt good. Stacey has noticed that we bring the heat to Roseville - the summer we stayed there was a scorcher, and the weekend we visited was record-breaking. Maybe it's best we didn't move there. :) Kids always love a pool, especially when Stacey started the "catch the ball while jumping into the pool" game.
 |
| I think Andrew's reaction is in regard to the initial cold, but you've gotta love Noah in goggles. |
 |
| Scott and Noah |
 |
| Baby girl! |
 |
| Um, yeah, the only pic I could get, and she's eating a Saltine. |
 |
| Josh worked intensely at the game, as he does with all games. |
 |
| Trevor and Andrew |
 |
| Andrew looks amazing in snorkel gear. |
 |
| I swam him around and around. |
 |
| Look how awesome pool-owner Carrie is! |
 |
| Noah really went for it every time, I just love it. |
 |
| I thought this picture was of Scott, so I had one for each boy. Um, that's Josh. See what happens when I'm trying to be photographer AND fun pool-mommy? |
 |
| I don't love the pic, but everyone really wanted to capture the vision of me pulling the water-rickshaw. |
 |
| Charlotte and Scott had a piano recital, and I stayed behind while Lissy napped. This is what happened to Trevor and Andrew after 24 hours of almost straight action. |
 |
| On Sunday afternoon Josh and Charlotte played Battleship together for a long time. I was so happy to see there was an activity where they could bond, because Charlotte had been a little over-run by boys up to that point. |
 |
| Since this is what they spent most of their time doing, I had to get a shot of it in the end. |
 |
| Lissy loved jumping on Scott, which he was amazingly patient about. |
 |
| Sunday night ended off with some Dad-tag. That was the first ending, followed by more Beyblades, of course. |
The kids got to sleep all together in the living room, and when we said we were leaving on Monday morning, there was sadness and outrage by many a child. My personal favorite part of the trip was that on Saturday and Sunday nights the adults ate homemade ice cream in the dining room and laughed ourselves silly while discussing the 80's and other such big items. Drew and Stacey probably had dark rings under their eyes after we left, but it was FUN to be there. Wish I could send them some sleep in the mail as a thank you. Hooray for our Roseville family!
1 comment:
I love the pictures of all the boy cousins running around. There must be a guardian angel for each one of them.
Post a Comment