Started writing this last week, and then there was stuff and now I dare me to finish . . .
I guess I stopped updating a month ago when my stake had a boundary re-alignment on Sunday night. They re-did the boundaries of 6 wards, and made a 7th. Our ward lost a street (sob! love those people), but gained 3 streets or so. Net gain of kids, that's for sure.
That week I finally felt un-nauseated enough to cook dinner, and thought life may return to normal. I got a text asking me to come with Gary to meet with the bishop an hour and a half before church, and went expecting to team teach a primary class, or at the very loftiest, be a counselor in the Relief Society. I knew the old president had been cut out of the ward geographically, but since the bishop had known this would happen for a while, I also knew the new president had been called. The bishop started out by asking, "So are you nervous to be here?" I said, "No, there's only one thing in the ward I don't think I can do, and I'm sure that's already taken care of." "It's actually not," he replied. And I don't remember the next words exactly because he called me to be the Relief Society President and I was in shock. I cried a little, and went in a buzz for the next few hours. I saw all of the new women in Relief Society and thought, "Oh, my goodness, these people expect someone to take care of them who knows what they're doing, ack!" I was called and set-apart without counselors.
The first week all alone was nutty. I took care of several welfare needs right away, and had to make the decision to move the Christmas dinner from right away to later. Also, while talking to the bishop on the phone about counselors Lissy brought me her poopy diaper she'd taken off. That would indicate how things operate around here . . .
Novels aside, things you may have missed:
- Took Noah to inner ear specialist, turns out the lady who made the appointment was not smart, and we had to go to Park City. No matter, Noah felt very special, and claims the Cafe Rio there is better than the one in Tooele. Inadvertent date day, and doctor said the hole is indeed big in his eardrum, but we just get it checked once every few months until the spring - then it's healed or needs surgery.
- Lissy had her big CT scan/neurosurgery appointment. Once again, the doctors were amazed, and said her skull did not do the bad thing they feared it would. Nearly healed! They said she must be Superman. Also she looked cute listening to her princess book during the CT. We got a Jamba to celebrate and Gary said it was very girly of us.
- I have had two OB appts now, and so far all is well. The kids are excited by the fact the baby is doing a headstand in the photo.
- Lissy and Andrew had well child checks and Andrew was very proud to get his kindergarten shots. Lissy is around the 60th percentile for weight and height, and Andrew the 98th for both.
-Speaking of Lissy, she is too, too cute. She spends a lot of time putting her babies to bed and reading and singing to them. Tonight she sang 3 songs to a doll as she smoothed the blankets over and over.
-Speaking of Andrew, he is too, too sweet. Some of the time. Others, his SPD is back and no good, terrible, awful. Gary and I are both starting to feel really crazy over it.
-Josh and Noah started basketball a while back, and had their first games last week. Both had fun, and even though Noah didn't really know what to do, he was grinning the entire time. He guarded his man even when he was on offense, and when he got a basket Josh said to the kid that was sitting by him, "That was my brother that just scored!"
- I decided the lights at temple square are actually worth it. After a few years of being frozen and losing my kids in crowds, I was about done, but on Wednesday we found ourselves in Salt Lake around 5 with an hour to use before Gary got off work, so we went to temple square. Wonderful! The lights were gorgeous, and we got to fully enjoy them because hardly anyone was there. We never got cold because we looked at the stuff in the buildings, too. Josh really loved the tabernacle, and planned a trip for him, me, and Gary to go once he turns 8. We watched the Nativity up close, and got to see the Christus without a line. Before we went there I said, "Let's go in there and see Jesus." Andrew said, "I never want to see Jesus!" I replied, "It' just a statue." "Oh," he said, and went in. Sad story? Anyway, it was really lovely all together. (Then dinner at City Creek and Target extravaganza . . . phew, but fun.)
-Related to the above - took all my kids with me to the OB so we could be in SLC together afterward. They were mostly good as gold, coloring for an hour and a half, but one. Yeah, the one was Josh. Not exciting enough, but he had fun once he found the dr's business cards, and spent the rest of the time building structures. Plenty of friction in there, he declared.
- Once upon a time, two days before the Relief Society stuff, I got to have a night out with Kami and Julie. Went to some outlets and solved the crisis of the pants and shoes at our house, but mostly enjoyed some kid-free, low-nausea time.
- Gary worked on Saturday. Bleh. No big deal, I took the kids to see Santa at the Stansbury club house, so haha on Gary, missed Santa. All 3 boys were in awe, and weren't able to ask their many questions once they got up there.
-Josh had his baptism preview tonight, and seeing his excitement had me crying all night. With happiness. They mentioned scouts and his dimples came out. Baptism is June 7 at 12:00. Josh was thinking midnight, but I think probably noon.
Love you all, hopefully all is well and I get back to you before another month and a half passes . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment