Saturday, April 22, 2017

Mrs. S - By the Numbers

At our final faculty party the last year I taught, two of the teachers (Dianne Amesse and Ginny Smith) paid me this tribute. They did "By the Numbers" because I had been the school's numeracy coordinator. I definitely teared up at the end . . . I had such a great situation as a teacher there.

Emily - By the numbers

1 - Years she was Miss G
2 - People she loves more than us (Gary and Joshua)
3 - Years she has spent with us as her "other" family
4 - Teachers she shared a room with at IRA conference
6 - Times she's administered the kindergarten assessment
8 - Times per day she has to flush the teeny tiny toilet because one of her kids forgot
9 - Number of mission she ran to with Nancy at Texas IRA
10 - The number she has counted to the most!
2 - Times she has laid down on the rug to be measured for a bed.
1 - Days she tried to teach her class calculus and decided that she'll just stick with Investigations
14 - Number of new algorithms she shared with us
23 - Times during Numeracy meeting when I said, "Oh that's what I've been doing all these years and didn't know it!"
26 - Nights she's lost sleep worrying about ways to help a child in her class
52 - Nights she's missed sleep worrying about her own child's problems
37 - Times she stopped me in the hall after school and said, "We did the coolest thing today!"
68 - Inches she is tall.
126 - Time she head, "Teacher, I lost a tooth!"
172 - Days she was morning sick at Edgemont
302 - Miles she's traveled to bring the wild bears to our kindergarten
329 (at least) - Times she has said, "Where's Raynor?"
444 - Times she has sung the "Days of the Week" song
497 - Number of emails she has forwarded to us from PEA
540 - Days she has taught at Edgemont
602 - Times she has bounced to the "J-E-L-L-O" song
2730 - Number of Journal pages she's read and date-stamped with a smile
2800 - Number of objects she handled when each student brought their 100 things on the 100th day of school.
 - Also, approximate number of hours she has spent is numeracy meetings, adoption arguments, preparation for math trainings, coaching, and sharing her math expertise with us.
32 - Number of us who will miss her next year.
(note - that is the total number of faculty and staff and the school besides me :) )

No comments: