*My life is so much improved now that both children can say the word "mine." I guess I've got about 17 months before I'm in utter bliss with 3 saying it . . .
*I'm the one who thought of eating dried cherries and ice cream with Noah at 4:00, shouldn't it be someone else's turn to think of dinner?
*How many pregnant women quit eating feta cheese because they're told it could cause diseases that bring pregnancy complications, yet eat the batter when making brownies, cake, cookies, and other such raw-egg-spiked delights? At least one (me).
*Thank you visiting teaching for always giving me an excuse to make treats . . . many apologies if I am your visiting teacher and nothing ever makes it to your house. I've been thinking of you.
*Tomorrow is my anniversary - four years ago today I was not calmly nosing about my pantry as I was today. I'm sure this thought will grow deeper as the day gets cooler, but that's how far it got, today in the calm pantry.
*Every time I mention to someone that I have a hard time fitting certain things into my schedule, I swear the answer is always, "You can do it at night when your husband is home." I shall not list all 3 millions things I should be fitting into this time period, for I am a happy gal at the moment, but I'll just say that blogging is on the list. And so I fit in two minutes of it. Go me.
12 comments:
Guilty as charged with giving up feta cheese but eating cookie dough. The feta cheese alone was a sacrifice, though, so at least I was trying.
I feel like the crappiest V.T. ever! We are going to have to make dozens of cookies to make up this last couple of months!!! I'll be calling you. Sorry about last month.... Yeah, I'll be calling you
I love this list Em. I too have a list of things "I've got to talk to Emily Gibby about." Things pop up all the time and I think, "oh, I need to tell Emily about that..." I should just call you one of these days. What's a good time to call - when Gary is home??
I love this post :) Seriously- whenever the hubby is home it IS the busiest time! On weekends my house turns into chaos cause I have NO time to do laundry, dishes, etc...and I just have ONE!
oh, I pretended I didn't ignore the cheese advice but I did.
I ate feta, but I did avoid deli meats :). That was a hard one... I ate creamies and cereal with Adelyn at 4 we were on the same page...oh and sorry about Kelty pulling WF moves on Josh today, that girl...
"Mine" is such an underused word in the adult world, don't you think?
I don't know about you, but ice cream with cherries at 4 counts as dinner in my book. Protein, calcium, Vitamin C... can't ask for anything more nutritous to pop up at 4.
a calm pantry must be nice. It must be large enough to evoke calm feelings.
I have two saying mine also. Wait, three, because I'm saying it when the girls try to take my glasses off. Our anniversary is Thursday. I asked Patrick what "special" dinner he wanted. He replied, "fire up some Nathan's hotdogs on the grill." Sad, what our lives have become.
You are so funny. Wish you lived closer. :)
The first pregnancy I was super careful about what I ate. Second time around I felt guilty when I ate some blue cheese on a salad, so I asked my doc about it and told me it was fine. Third time, I ate whatever I wanted and was totally fine with it... evidently he was too. Cherries and ice cream goes along great with strawberry shortcake for dinner. :)
I always love reading your posts:) Hope your feeling well!!
Oh man I am the worst V.T. EVER!! I think about you often! We will be calling you... I *LOVE* the word "mine" it just makes my day oh so complete! You are hilarious, happy anniversary!
Exactly! In fact, I prefer chocolate chip cookie dough, unless they are fresh out of the oven. Hmmmm, it's still summer, do we really have to cook dinner? Happy 4th!
Post a Comment