. . . and they also got a lot of candy, so Halloween was a success. The day actually started out great, with Josh finishing off his soccer season in a blaze of glory (more later). Then the kids went with Gary to buy a few pumpkins. Josh wanted to go to the pumpkin patch, but sadly, children with new baby brothers do not get to go to the pumpkin patch before the pumpkins are gone. Happily, though, 3 year
olds don't mind if there are only tiny pumpkins left to buy, and he and Noah were thrilled with their purchases. They got to scoop out the pumpkins on the back porch with their daddy, which was extra awesome, and then Gary showed off his carving skills. Josh told me later that his pumpkin was goofy and Noah's was scary.

Dinner time is when Halloween got scary. Noah wouldn't eat a thing on his tray, which is highly unusual for Noah (he is usually a very hungry man). I started getting the kids ready to go trick-or-treating, and put Noah in his under-costume-sweatsuit. I was about to put on his costume when suddenly he started throwing up. All over the place. Sad, and gross, but it was in the kitchen so we cleaned it up, and continued getting ready. Even though Noah wasn't feeling the best (notice the blanket in the picture), he wanted to go. Noah was a dinosaur, and Josh was a super hero (Super Josh to be exact, his choosing). Here you can see how excited Josh was.

And here you can see the J on his belt. The J belt was something he made mandatory for his costume. He also had a giant J on the back of his cape. (Thanks, mom!!)

Even though they got out a lot later than expected, they had fun, and Noah was fine. So we took this picture when they came home, notice the finished jack-o-lantern.

Noah looked so
flippin' cute in his costume I had to get another picture. So I sat down on the stairs (inside the house), set my camera sights on him, and started saying, "Say cheese, Noah, come on, say cheese!" But he would only make a sullen face. So I kept trying, and all of the sudden through my camera I saw him start throwing up again - on me. And the stairs, and his costume . . . again and again. Poor boy! He was really sad, I mean, he must have been so miserable.
So we had more to clean up, and Josh to put to bed, and all the while Andrew would scream his head off if he wasn't being held. He wouldn't sleep, or lie down, or anything. Gary and I stayed up until around 2 in the morning with one child periodically throwing up and another screaming if not nursing. Woo-hoo, happy Halloween . . . Josh seemed to enjoy his day though, I hope so anyway.
In the midst of it all I realized I should quickly snap a photo of Andrew in his Halloween
onesie. It was very cute. He spent most of the day in a pumpkin
onesie (wish I'd taken a picture), but that one was dirtied so he switched to a sassier costume.

It says, "This
is my costume."
6 comments:
Poor Noah. He looks just like Josh did in the dinosaur costume! Well, they're making the same face, anyway. It must squish them or something. At any rate, they all look cute and I'm glad Andrew is already showing some sass!
What a halloween to remember, I'm sorry!!! but your kids did look gret in there costumes.. I loved the dino costume!! and andrew is so cute!!! Congrats
Poor little Noah! And poor Mommy... I just had one of those fun nights with a child throwing up, but to make it more adventurous, Drew was out of town. Good thing Gary was there to assist! And the boys still all looked adorable!
I love the tiny jack-o-lantern. Hysterical! Cute cute family :)
I feel so much better now! Finally up to date on your life and sure enjoying knowing how the ride has been since you've had numero three. I love your candor, grace, humor, and appreciation for the crazy moments. THANK YOU!!!! hope you had a delightful halloween.
xoxo
michelle
Lady, you deserve a nanny or a third appendage at the least. Glad you all survived.
Post a Comment