While Gary watches this show about Sasquatch sightings in Alaska (awesome), I'll take a chance to post some random pictures from the last four months. Starting us off, this picture is of Josh in the Snuggli. We had it out for Andrew, then thought it would be funny to try Noah in it since he's within their advertised weight limit. Noah hated it, but Josh thought it was hilarious. And it was, we laughed and laughed at this one.
Poor Noah was so exhausted one day, he just layed down in the hallway and fell asleep. After taking his socks off, of course.
One day Noah ate a marker. Well, lots of days Noah ate a marker, but one day in particular I thought, "Emily, you always took pictures of when Josh got into stuff, why not Noah." So here he is, marker face. And one day I'll have a nice camera that doesn't make my kids look ghostie. Whatever.
During the summer I relied on sending my kids outside to keep them entertained while I cooked dinner. But then it was winter . . . not possible. By dinner time they're usually tired of roaming around playing with toys, so I've sometimes tried to get something else going. One of the most popular has been turning on music (usually this random satellite kids' channel), and letting them dance. Josh really has some moves, and has been especially exicted about music since I recorded the Spiderman theme song. He'll put in on 30 times in a row, I'm not kidding. It's cute, and I've memorized a new song.
We don't have a picture of that, but here's another idea I had. I put out placemats and a few play dishes, and let them play in shaving cream. It's just soap, and pretty easy to clean. They really loved it for a few minutes, but this activity didn't last as long as I had hoped, because what they really wanted to do was . . .
read books to Andrew. They did this forever. Andrew was a captive audience.
When Andrew was new, Josh thought it was awesome to make special beds for Andrew out of couch pillows. He was pretty proud of what he'd done for his brother.
One day while Josh was at preschool and I needed to do some things, I filled a basin full of snow and put it in the sink. Noah stood on a chair and played in it with spoons and cups. He had a blast, and kept playing even after his hands started to be pink. By the time they were red he was done, though.
Noah is a stuffed animal kid. He loves hugging them when he's tired, needs comfort, or is trying to go to sleep. His favorite one is Piggy. I got Piggy when I was in high school, and he used to be wearing overalls, but Noah prefers his stuffed animals not to wear clothes. Who would have thought when I made my strange purchase (from QVC), that I would someday have an adorable little boy who would love it? Here is Noah taking Piggy for a ride.
One day Noah got Vicks Vaporub all over himself. And the bathroom. And when I discovered him he was lounging back in the sink, relaxed as if he were in a spa.
Here's a closeup. Vicks is clear, so it doesn't seem so dramatic in a photo. But those of you just looking at the photo aren't smelling it. Or cleaning it up.
And we leave you with another crash landing. I swear we could all fall asleep any time, anywhere these days. Here, Josh fell asleep in a corner, behind a recliner. Sweet dreams!
9 comments:
I am jealous of the sleeping everywhere! Why won't my kids do that?!?! But I am definitely not jealous of the vicks...
It was great seeing you.
Don't let her kid you. This is a rare event.
Oh man, I don't envy cleaning up all that vicks...
You are such a good mom to think up so many creative forms of entertainment.
We could all fall asleep anywhere, anytime, but I'm the only one who would actually do it regularly if given the chance. Kids who fall asleep like this are ornery pieces of work before they collapse. I take pictures mostly of our best moments . . .
I love your boys. So funny.
Love the pictures and your blog. You always put a smile on my face!
I can't stop laughing. i love them!
Hi. You're awesome. LOVE IT! I 2nd what Liz said what a great mom you are to think of such good and fun entertaining things for your boys to do!! I miss seeing you.
Oh, those darling, busy boys. Sure keep us on our toes...
Post a Comment