Except for if I were really living the dream, I would be a Rodeo Queen. Sigh.
Anyway, the family update:
You people enjoy destruction, so I'll start with that. Josh turned his room into a "Star Wars library," so I made his a sign for his door, which I attached with masking tape. So, he kindly made a sign for the wall in my room, which he attached with glue. Noah broke my plastic container which holds the permanent markers, then drew on the piano and also a decoration I just painted for Andrew's room. Josh and Noah had a fun time putting every single blanket, sheet, pillow case, towel, wash cloth, and burp rag in the linen closet all over the upstairs (including wash cloths and burp rags in the bath tub). None of these things have been completely rectified at the time of this writing. It's just funny. I keep track so I'll know what their total tab is when I bill them.
We spent the weekend in Preston for "Rodeo Days." The kids loved the parade, and I got a lot of mileage out of "do ___ and you'll miss 5 minutes of the parade." Andrew was crazy about the horses, and kept laughing and slapping his hands when he saw them, it was adorable. Noah loved the horses, as well, and Josh and Noah couldn't quit eating candy. Yes, they throw candy at you, it's amazing. Josh got a blue cowboy hat that says, "Allred for governor" on it, and wore it constantly thereafter. On Friday night we got some babysitters for the kids (ooooh . . .) and went to the rodeo with my sister and husband, and other sister. The rodeo is always fun, the clowns are always "hilarious," and this was our first babysitter-for-date in way over a year, maybe two. Yee-haw! (My favorite line of the night: My Bro-in-law was remarking that Gary has all of the legislators in his blackberry, and asked Gary to produce the governor's phone number. Gary did, and then said, "I'm going to text him now, and tell him I'm at the rodeo." Then while making texting motions said, "I'm at the rodeo, LOL." I love the idea the governor receiving this text from Gary.)
On Saturday we floated the river with the kids. My sister and I were in a raft with the 3 youngest (babies w/grandma), and the other 5 in inner tubes. However, the inner tubes were apparently for smaller trucks than would have been ideal, and when Gary got in his, his tube and swimsuit sunk under the water, making it look as if he was sitting up naked in the river as he floated. Hilarity! Best lines from the kids, "Okay everybody, give me all your paddles," (Noah), "I see land!" (Josh), "When you see a wave, say, wave!" (Noah, who has watched excessive episodes of Diego) Hmmm, what else was funny . . . my sister flopping out of the raft after an oar? Don't know, but I was laughing most of the way down the river.
We also took some mini four-wheeler rides and horse-back rides with the kids that night. We told Josh he looked like Woody, and he was very proud. So when Noah went on his ride, he sang, "You've got a friend in me," the whole time. I've decided I like the country, it relaxes me. And also my parents' new hot tub relaxes me.
Hmm, so it's Wednesday, and I'll see some of you soon. We've already tried swimming in the lake for triathalon practice this week, and the good was it turns out I can kind of swim, bad news is for not very long. Kids loved it, though, and loved that we were swimming with the duckies and fishies. I'll try to take their attitude on that topic.
Have a great week. Or rest of week. If you pretend today is Monday your week will go really fast!
5 comments:
Seriously, I love your posts--they always give me a good dose of laughter. Can I copy and paste your post into my blog? We were in Preston all last week with Andy's family...did the rodeo, parade, floated the river (little ones in the raft, the rest in tubes), and did the 4-wheel and swim thing a lot too...we must have passed each other! I'm going to pretend it's Monday...
Hi. You're awesome.
It just told me to say that, but you truly are. It sounds like a blast! I have anxiously been awaiting the rodeo days blog post since I was absent. So jealous of the hot tub.
You always make me laugh. I was going through a box yesterday and found an old card from you and it made me smile, a lot! :)
Oh! I am sad I missed the fun. I love you!
I am so terribly entertained by your children and by your storytelling abilities!
Post a Comment