Sunday, August 22, 2010

The Stuff These Boys Say . . .

Josh (In the middle of Sunday dinner): I said "breast milk" in Primary today.
Me: (Trying to hide my surprise, trying to keep a straight face): Oh really, why?
Josh: I thought it came from cows.
Me (Knowing they talked about being grateful for food today): So, did your teacher ask you what comes from cows?
Josh: Yes, and so I said "breast milk" and then they laughed. Hey, why are you guys laughing?
Gary: (Doing his Gary-giggle behind his napkin)
Both of Josh's teachers today were men. I very nearly got rice stuck up my nose from trying not to laugh/laughing.

Josh (after saying the breakfast prayer the other day): What if some time when I'm saying the prayer, I sing, "Pants on the Ground," to make Heavenly Father laugh?
(No, I don't think it's appropriate, and of course I told him so. But it was so funny that he was really trying think of Heavenly Father, and how he would probably like to laugh.)

Noah and I left for church last week before Gary and the other boys, so Noah never actually saw that Gary had come to church.
Noah's Nursery Teacher: Seems like you're stinky. Should we go find your mom or dad?
Noah: Yeah, let's go find my dad, he's at home.

It rained REALLY hard the other day, so we sat and watched it out our front door. Josh was trying to devise ways to get the mail without getting wet. Bucket on his head? Run fast?
Suddenly Noah says: Hey, I got a great idea! We can fly over the rain!
Me: That sounds pretty great, how would we do that?
Noah: . . . Um, not wings . . . a hang-glider. (and later on) Diego has a hang glider. (Yeah, it was from TV, but he hasn't watched it in a while, and I thought it was cute he went through the thought process.)
Oh, and Josh's bucket idea won, by the way. Pretty effective until he got to the mail box and turned it the other way to put the mail inside.

8 comments:

Janiebelle007 said...

Technically Josh is correct.

Renae said...

LOL!!!

Paul and Katie said...

I love your kids!!!! They are so hilarious! Of course I love you and Gare Bare as well, but you guys just aren't as funny. Breast milk in primary is the best

Stacey said...

Hilarious! I have to admit, then next time I say a prayer I may add, "Lookin' like a fool with your pants on the ground..."

KIM {POPPY SEED PROJECTS} said...

Hahaha! Thanks for the laughs :).

Michelle said...

I'd have to agree with Janey, technically he is correct. Am I a horrible mother for letting my son think I am pumping milk out of my stomach (he thought of it, I just haven't corrected him just yet....)

Your boys are hilariously awesome. We sure loved having you guys over. WHY OH WHY Did we not take pictures?! Alas, the memories are just as sweet. xoxoxo

Michelle said...

And yeah, I would think the entire Godhead would probably have a nice chuckle over your sons comical efforts. :)

Anna said...

Oh I love them, so funny.