I was thinking I didn't have much to report on the destruction front this week, but then we went and did something stupid called getting ready for church at the same time. Perfect opportunity to spray half a can of non-stick spray all over the kitchen, if you're Noah. He also got ahold of my mascara on Monday and made himself look like Kiss. Rock on, my child. (No, I don't know what that means, either.)
We didn't have a new baby this week like Allison and Ted, but we did get the rest of our children named. It took Josh a few minutes to nail it down, but now he's pretty sure we'll have 2 more boys and 2 girls, boys named Andrew and the girls named Solarica. He thought of Solarica a couple of months ago, and has not forgotten. I guess if it's meant to be . . . (And as Gary reported, at one point one of the girls was going to be Andrew, too.)
So the highlight of the week . . . well, there were several, so the first one - our anniversary! We got a babysitter ON the day of (this is a first, people), and went out to dinner. Thanks to restaurants.com we tried out an amazing new restaurant, and it was sooo yummy. We were laughing that we feel like experts just because of watching so much food network, but there we were, eating goat cheese and loving it. One of the things we ordered was bacon-wrapped pork medallions, and while we were eating I said, "This is what Allison would have gotten." After our dinner we stopped at the D.I. to try to look for a dresser again, and while we didn't find the perfect dresser, we did find a small table/desk thing that we want to refinish. We were excited because we think it will look cool, and were talking about the project. Gary said, "I'll have to buy you a sander for our anniversary." I asked him if he knew what the actual 5-year anniversary gift is supposed to be, and he said, "Wood. Happy anniversary." Perfect.
Other highlight - the temple on Friday night. I mention it because it was one of those things that almost didn't happen. We'd had a really busy week, I wasn't feeling the best, and I really wanted to reschedule. But thanks to a thought someone shared with me, we went, and it was amazing. I couldn't believe we almost didn't go, and felt that my perspective was changed for days from it. It's so awesome, if even for a minute, to feel like I had a grasp on what's really important. So, note to self: if you get the chance, just go. Will I listen to myself? Only time will tell.
And one more big highlight - seeing Sara, Taylor, Christian, Candacy, and families! My memory is fading, but I can tell you that we talked a lot, I was happy, I laughed, so, hmmm. Good stuff. I missed Martha, and was sad to not hear about the trek.
Josh just finished his two weeks of swimming lessons today, and he loved it. I spent most of the time chasing two others (Noah LOVES feeding the "duckses" at the lake), so I'm not sure what exactly Josh learned, but he likes to pretend he's an underwater superhero, so that's probably good. Just as long as he learns enough through the years to not have to resort to the backwards frog stroke to stay afloat, like this one lady I know too well (aaah, the triathalon is going to get me!). Andrew spent most of the swimming lesson time banging sticks into mud, which I thought was cute. I think it's funny to see him be a real kid. I've decided we need some really big rocks to climb on and some muddy places to dig in the back yard, and the kids will be set. Really.
Last week Josh and Noah found their whistles and went around with them around their necks pretending to be coaches. At one point Josh was giving pep talks to "all of the kids" as he stood on a piece of furniture. Noah is into substituting words of songs, for example, he started singing, "I like to scoop it, scoop it" (instead of move it, move it) as he scooped his yogurt. He also says "or something" a lot. E.g. "Is that my daddy on the phone or something?" and "If we want that we have to get a ladder or something."
And since it took me days to write this, it's the end of another week, and you probably want to know that while I was talking to the (relatively) new neighbor today, the boys ate all of the otter pops in the freezer (their "tummies were hurting"), and tried to make PB&J's, but broke the jam jar. With lots of jam in it. I'm proud of them for having initiative. :) Also, I got to visit some college friends the other day, and they totally made me want to move to Utah county to hang out. Pretty great friends! And Josh's big highlight was going to Magoon (Lagoon) with his cousins. He can't wait to be an adult now so he can go on the adult bumper cars.(His words.)
Okay, have a fantastic weekend!
2 comments:
Happy 5th Anniversary! A sander - wow - that's romantic.
I'd have to say that my favorite gift ever from Kyle was a staple gun on Valentine's Day. Seriously. Enjoy your sander on this blessed Wooden Anniversary of yours. Imagine all the things you could do with it!! Well, I guess mostly just sand-- but it sure beats the manual labor stuff. Ew.
If you see a dresser on KSL in utah county, let us know and I'll be happy to get it (or send my hubs to get it) for you or check it out.
love ya.
Post a Comment