Sunday, April 15, 2012

Easter 2012

Awww . . . cute Easter pictures. It's been a year, and unfortunately I don't remember much besides that the kids were adorable and excited. I also remember that for some reason we had a real struggle getting to church (probably part of it was Andrew's sensory issues acting up at the time), and I felt way less than spiritual as everyone got up and bore awesome testimonies. I felt like a loser-failure. However, during sacrament meeting, something whispered to me that I do have a testimony, and that it counts super-a lot in situations like those. So, I got up and shared an experience from my mission. At that time, I had been trying really hard to follow the rules and do a great job, but I came up short in a million ways, and it just seemed like I was hopeless. I was in sacrament meeting, crying inside about how I'd never make it, when it seemed someone whispered to me, "That's why He came, sister, that's why He came." So, yes, I try, and I stumble, but Christ is there. So, on Easter I shared that in my testimony, and though we'd had a crazy morning and I felt inadequate as a mother and as a person, remembering and sharing that experience lifted me and made me realize how beautiful the gospel is. Later on a sister in my ward sent me an email thanking me for my testimony - I guess I'm not the only one who felt that way that day! Anyway, on to the pictures . . .






My kids were all sweaty after running home from church, and Lissy lost the flower on her headband. Also, I couldn't get a picture of them all together, mostly due to Andrew. Argh. But they are so sweet . . .

See, sweet as sugar, loving big brothers.

And so you see what Andrew was doing . . .



Poor boy . . . here he is . . .

Josh tried to bridge the gap . . .




Look at her, all chubbed up after being so ridiculously ill only a month and a half prior.




No comments: