Ah, winter . . . never blog about it. In all my blog years, I have never blogged about Christmas. We always have a fabulous time with family until the New Year, then we come home and hit the ground running. Gary works every night and weekend, craziness ensues, and suddenly it's the Fourth of July. Serious. No different this year. We had much go on this winter, and now that it's spring we are LOVING the weather, but the crazy is just down by a couple of degrees. I am taking two online classes, and though it's not a ton of work, it's enough. But I'm not complaining. Gary is awesome. He's downstairs doing dishes and singing. I love his singing. He's so dreamy. Here's a photo collection of the things I captured during those first blustery months this year.
 |
| Lissy loves her swing she got from Gary's mom. The boys love to change her settings, and she doesn't even mind. Noah's favorite is some crickets or something, and he calls it "manger." |
 |
| Gingerbread house making! Post Christmas, yes, but we had a grand time. Noah had to do that to his shirt because his sleeve was wet. Of course. |
 |
| Happy birthday in January, Gary! I made him homemade coconut pecan frosting, and he fell in love with a new thing. And awww, look at Lissy in her 0-3 month clothes. Okay, it's not a fab picture, but she was so little . . . Besides the frosting, which seriously may have been enough for Gare he liked it that much, I also went on a date with him. We ate at Costa Vida and went and saw Sherlock Holmes. Might not sound like a big deal, but I can count the movies we've gone to together on one hand, so it was huge. It was awesome to feel like young kids in love . . . Lissy didn't make a peep and let us keep up the ruse. |
 |
| Yes, I got him a Mandolin V-Slicer Plus for his birthday. I knew he wanted it, and he has already made some yumminess with it. Once again, what a man. |
 |
| Andrew helped himself to this orange, and attacked it. I thought his method was hilarious. |
 |
| Noah fashioned himself a bow and arrow out of the winter plant-life in the back yard. |
 |
| We met up with my mom and sisters Hannah, Kayla, and Sarah at Crown Burger, then went to the Book of Mormon exhibit at the Church History Museum afterward. Of course Madeline and Violet came, too. Hmm, nice stuffed rat, Andrew. Noah and Madeline are both driving the produce truck! |
 |
| Hannah and Kayla are hopping a ride to church. |
 |
| Andrew through a portal in Lehi's ship. |
 |
| Ah, this. So funny. The boys put on boots and knee pads and started moving the couch. I asked them why, and they said, "Exercise. We're getting exercise!" |
 |
| Love the team work! |
 |
| This boy changes his clothes a lot whenever he finds a new awesome thing. |
 |
| This boy loves his baby. A whole lot. |
 |
| Josh takes the camera and takes awesome pictures a lot. He also makes awesome videos. Here is one of the many in this super-hero series. |
 |
| Grandpa had Andrew and Lilly's attention for as long as he wanted to keep showing them their favorite apps. One involved punching a cartoon cat. Don't know the rest, but they loved it. |
 |
| Beckett and Sophie wanted in, too. |
 |
| Happy birthday, Kayla! See this gal, sweet 16 . . . |
 |
| Braden is an amazing cousin/kid. I forgot I gave Lissy to him for a long time, and finally he came into the kitchen where I was and said, "So, what did you want me to do with her?" She loved the Braden snuggles. |
 |
| Noah and Braden made rhino creature power suits. Yes! |
4 comments:
Oh, I love this so much! You're making me nephling sick.
So random, but I love it! ...and SO impressed with the fashioned bow and arrow!! Amazing boys you have!!
I suppose Lissy's illness was not a highlight.
Is it weird that the first time I met Kayla she was maybe 2? I can't believe it was that long ago...
Your boys are always so creative. Love that.
Post a Comment