Gary's family quit doing updates, but now my family is giving it a go. I publish them to keep them, and you never know, some inquiring minds might want to know. Same deal as before. I make reference to people I don't explain, not well-edited . . . but then again, well-edited is never my game on this blog. Maybe someday? Here goes the middle of April.
April 8 and 15
Highlight of my week was the early childhood conference yesterday at UVU. It was so awesome to be with Sarah there, she's a great one to chat with. We learned some fun songs to sing with kiddos, and all kinds of hands-on activities to do. Sarah is most excited to buy squid at the grocery store for Madeline to cut up. We also saw this video, which I totally recommend. Might give Braden some ideas?
Okay, I wrote all that a week ago. I was going to be inspirational, but ran out of time.
This week I taught preschool, the first time since September. We had a grand time learning about butterflies, although Andrew made it interesting by trying to lick the children (he was a puppy) and pulling off visual aids. To be fair, he was great when he got to do an activity, like painting. He actually did better at the gluing project than some, so I guess as long as you put the puppy to work . . . Noah was very interested in metamorphosis, and really wants to keep a chrysalis. I have to keep telling him not yet. Only one of our butterflies is born so far, and all of my kids are excited. Their highlight of the process was when one of the caterpillars was making his chrysalis it looked like he was break dancing. They all laughed their heads off.
Andrew keeps life interesting by making sure I have a poo treasure hunt each morning. Usually I can find and clean it all in under 45 minutes. Sometimes I find more surprises later in the day. ("Mom, Andrew must have sat in the Bumbo before you found him!) Yes, it is horrific. No, there's not much I can do. He is very stubborn and very strong. Today he wouldn't get dressed for church unless he was wearing underwear. I was getting later. I finally decided I wanted to go more than I wanted to fight. So I tried to take him potty in nursery. I held a stinkin candy bar in front of him as a bribe to pee. He would not even try. But, he also didn't pee his pants today. I'll take it.
Lissy is getting two teeth. Just the other day I felt two sharp little things in the bottom of her mouth . . . I guess she thinks she is a big girl. Noah said, "I don't want Lissy to get teeth, I want her to be a cute little baby forever." Awww, me too. She is getting to the age where I appreciate her progress, but would love to bottle her up as she is. Of course the next stage will be cute, but she is very fun to kiss right now as a baby.
Gary and I are busy bees. I am taking two online classes, which are not hard, but take enough time that with everything combined we feel often that we have mono. Our clean laundry is pushing the door open to the laundry room. Soon hopefully it will fully evolve and walk out of the room and into the drawers.
Of course this weekend was the weekend of bridal showers. First, Jennie's, as Sarah said. Jennie is so happy, I am way, way excited for her! She looks so cute in her engagement photos. She is one of those people you can just pick up where you left off with talking. It was great to see Sar Per, too, of course. Then was Brian's fiance's the next day. So great to see Cindy at that one. And of course the other woman in their home, Sophie. That was a well-done shower, too, and Aunts Shauna and Lainer are always fantastic.
Okay, maybe I should have been inspirational, looks like I was able to get quite a bit out in 15 minutes . . . hmm, this is way less than inspiring. Oh, well, love you all!
1 comment:
dish about jennnie lockhart, please. Gillian told me she was engaged! I am assuming that is the shower you went to. I love your blog and every word of the family updates. XOXO
Post a Comment