Obviously the best part of my week was meeting baby Dylan! He is so tiny, and smells just like a newborn baby. I like him. Lissy was very interested in him, too, and tried to help him out by taking off his hat, but we disagreed with that move. Way to go breaking the family September barrier, Dylan! I had a feeling it would break soon, just didn't know how . . .
Yea for baby Dylan! He was actually due on Lissy's birthday, but a full month earlier his mommy - my sister, Kristen - was having troubles. Blood pressure through the roof that wouldn't go down for anything, and tons of swelling. Try as the doctor might to get Dylan to wait for his birthday, he had to come out to save his mama. Two hours south of where they were, I was anxious to help, but didn't know how. As soon as I got the word he was coming for real, I threw some stuff in a bag for Lissy and myself, and headed north. Gary was more than happy to change all the plans and stay with the boys. We stopped to watch the Relief Society broadcast in Brigham City, and then to grab a gift for Dylan - hello lame Walmart didn't have my fave burp cloths in small quantities, so I think we gave him 20 or something. It's for the best.
When we got to Preston, there was Kristen and her teensy baby! Poor Kristen went through quite the ordeal. She was sick enough the labor and delivery nurses were starting to get a little freaked out, and she didn't remember much of what was said that first night, but it was so great to see her safe and happy by the time we got there. The next morning Lissy and I got to visit again and have fun conversation, and Lissy did some face-pawing as previously mentioned. She also weirded Kristen and Shane out a bit by walking around the end of the hospital bed. Cute new walker. I felt really bad I wasn't able to be of more help to Kristen, but we loved seeing her . . . and we got back home for church.
| A few weeks later, Kristen came to our house to pick up Kayla, and Noah got to meet Dylan for the first time. LOVED him, could have held him all day. |
| Had to check out his little toes . . . |
1 comment:
I bet Kristen will LOVE all of these pictures! :) You're gorgeous. Lissy is adorable. I can't get enough of Noah holding baby Dylan. Cute!
Post a Comment