Saturday, October 27, 2012

Andrew Turns Three

This one I feel really guilty for never getting to until now. I mean, it's Andrew's birthday, and I really like Andrew. I'm sure the original problem was technology-related, though, as my blogging problems continue to be, so I hereby grant myself forgiveness. Look how adorable he is, ack! Here's what I wrote about it at the time:

If you wanted to see cute, you should have seen Andrew on his birthday. EVERYTHING made him really excited. He put on clothes then said, "So, these are my birthday clothes?" I made him eggs for breakfast, as per his choice, then ran off to get Josh's face painted like a storm shark for his last soccer game. Then there was Noah and Andrew's game, which was a good one to go out on. Andrew wouldn't play much, so Noah played most of the time, and didn't get sick of it. He had a big smile on his face as he kicked the ball in the goal many a time. He still trips a lot, but no worries, he's having fun. (This time. Other times he has cried, but this is a good note to end on.) Then Josh's last game - I swear that kid thinks he's in a huge video game. He's getting pretty good at defense, and at one point said out-loud, "That ball is all mine!" Goony kid. So cute, though.

Noah came with me to Wal-Mart to pick out some action figures for the top of Andrew's cake. I thought one thing, but Noah thought some Knights with animals would be awesome. Noah is always right, is the theme here, I guess. The eagle was Andrew's fave. We also brought Andrew home some balloons, and he kept exclaiming, "These are my birthday balloons!" At one point on Saturday I made a cake, some noodles for chicken noodle soup, and took a shower and got dressed in just over an hour. Then, soup-eating with the ward for Halloween, and home again to take a plow to the wreckage we call home in preparation for Andrew's cake. A cute family with 3 little boys moved in across the street, so I thought they would be fun to have over to make it feel like a little party for Andrew. Josh and Noah "decorated" the cake by putting the toys on top, and shoved the animals nearly to the bottom of the pan. Too funny. Andrew opened a few gifts and went nuts over them all, so I guess it was a good day.

And as an update, 6 months later, he still loves that eagle. Just holding it and flapping it around is the best. I love Andrew and his grin as he goes about his life. I know I've shared struggles he's had, but it's crazy because those things are in such opposition to his nature when he's "himself." This boy is the best to snuggle, and if you had his little arms around your neck you would never wish to be anything else but his mom. That's what happens to me, anyway. So, yep, Andrew, that one time when you turned 3 was a pretty cute day.




Josh and friend Ephraim bringing in the cake for the big reveal.






Friends brought a present even though they didn't have to.  He loved it.

The beginning of his love of the eagle.


He loves it, Grandma!


Busting open the playdough tools from mom and dad.

This glow in the dark shirt from Grandma has become his favorite at night.

No comments: