So, you may or may not be concerned about the election, but regardless, my kids were fairly adorable on Halloween, so there's that. My camera is still not working great, but I did hijack Gary's work computer, so preserving-memories-we-will-go . . . (I wrote that much earlier in the week. Doesn't seem timely now, but I'm leaving it.)
The night before Halloween we turned our pumpkins right into Jack O' Lanterns. It was very exciting, of course, especially when pumpkin guts were being flung around the kitchen . . . yeah, so anyway, here we are a' carving.
 |
| No, you cannot wear a shirt while doing this. See pumpkin gut flinging statement above. |
Then Halloween day . . . started out by getting ready for Josh's class party, then going to Josh's class party. I was in charge of an art activity, and I had the kids paint on black paper with spider rings and other little plastic buggies. The kids loved it and could have done it for a very long time, so even though the finished result is squiggles on a page, it was kinda cool looking and I'm happy when kids are exploring. Noah got to go to the party with me since I figured he would just blend in, and he had a great time. Being on-level with Josh is darn awesome.
 |
| Gary and our little lady bug. |
In the evening there were hamburgers and trick or treaters, and my kids not focusing on their food because trick or treating is too awesome, and wandering around with half-hamburgers while half-naked, and then finally we were ready to go out ourselves. Most of our candy had been given out (tons more kids at our door this year!), so I didn't feel guilty going out to watch my kids have fun. We had a Star Wars costume ready for Andrew, but at the last minute he REALLY wanted to be a dinosaur like last year, so why not? It kinda still fits him, and his little face is so cute in that head . . .
Josh was so hilarious about his costume. He wore it every day from when we got it on Friday night until Halloween on Wednesday. He had a master plan to reverse the jersey color after every house, but soon realized that getting candy would be difficult if he stopped to turn his shirt around. The Jazz actually played their first game on Halloween night, and lots of people were watching the game when we knocked on their doors. It was a home game, so the team was wearing their white jerseys. This made Josh feel like a million bucks - he'd chosen the right color to land on. Also we'd say occasionally, "Hey, why aren't you in the game?" He would laugh and be so proud of himself. Yes, it was warm enough to be dressed as he was. We had a hard time getting the undershirt on him, and although I really liked having my jacket on, he wasn't getting frostbite.
Andrew turned out to be the ham of the night. His "trick or treat" was pretty cute, just because he's little, but at tons of doors, after he got his candy Andrew would say, "Happy Halloween!" Then he would run to me and say, "I said happy Halloween!" He was sooo excited. People thought it was pretty adorable, and it may have helped his candy haul.
 |
| On the trail! |
 |
| Little bug loved a little walking . . . |
 |
| . . . but we didn't let her much because this is mostly all she would do. |
 |
| Gotta have a couple of shots to get all of their faces. |
 |
| This girl LOVES candy. She was happy as can be to sit around eating candy all night with the boys. She would sit on the stairs and dangle her legs . . . I kept looking at her and saying, "For real? She is for real?" As in I think she's cute. |
 |
| Candy, candy, candy . . . feel good about my decision to let him eat it right away, no way his body absorbed it all. :) |
 |
| Guess whose pumpkin this is. |
 |
| The other boys chose more traditional designs. |
 |
| Look at us getting our Halloween on. Or not us, our front porch. |
 |
| Took his costume off right away . . . but definitely stayed for the after-party. |
1 comment:
So fun! I love hearing about these kids. Lissy is such a big girl now!
Post a Comment