My kids are playing musical chairs right now . . . I think Josh just let Andrew win, and it was adorable. Andrew said, "I sat on the chair, dad, I really did!" (In his excited-for-the-win voice.)
My right index finger is jammed. It is black and blue, and yesterday the size of a hot dog. How, you ask? I was putting on Andrew's pants on Sunday, and my finger got stuck when the pants wouldn't go over his hips, thus becoming the victim of all 40 pounds of his force. Ye-owch. Gary says to grease him up next time.
Luckily, my sister Katie was here to witness that, and to spend a day with us. She was on her way back to Texas, we were excited to see her. It was Sunday, so church and dinner was pretty much the activity. The pants fiasco and knock-knock jokes by all filled up the meal nicely, and I had big plans to make a decadent dessert then play games into the night, but after we made the decadent dessert everybody started falling asleep. So tired . . . but the dessert was fab, as was the company.
So, do you ever get into bad habits that are negatively affecting you, and you know it, but you just keep on doing it? Don't have to answer, I already know you do. Currently, I have a bad habit of not wanting to give up my silent time at night to go to bed whenever I'm feeling stressed. Not every night, but often enough to contribute to the problem. I have things on my mind, and somehow I think there will be answers if I just stay up and either ponder life or block out life. But then I get tired the next day, and don't get things done quickly . . . like tonight. I found out Gary has to work on Veteran's Day, which he wasn't supposed to, and also that I won't be going to the temple as planned on Wednesday. Not life-changers, but when you're working for things to look forward to and that's what you've identified, not awesome, either. So I go in the zone . . . answering emails I have been meaning to for weeks, finishing the Halloween blog post . . . avoiding life, yet making it worse by being awake. Ugh.
Okay note from the next April - I am going through drafts, and found this one I never published. Horribly, I must report that i still have the same bad habit! Oh no. At least my finger eventually recovered. :) I'll publish this one around Veteran's Day-ish.
No comments:
Post a Comment