My most significant day this week, the surgery day, is already posted. There was good, bad, and ugly to be sure. On Friday I felt DRAINED, and it goes without saying that Gary was out for the count, so it was a huge blessing when my friend called and offered to bring us dinner. Bless her, bless her! I got a quote from some hilarious old guys at a body shop in Tooele to get the van fixed, and I don't know if we'll go for the whole fix. Want it fixed, but also want to save $400 by only getting the tail-light replaced and not the dent fixed. Will decide soon, I suppose. However, the guys at the shop had plenty of conservative political cartoons to keep me entertained while waiting, and gave me a free pad of sticky notes with their logo "we met by accident." So, not a total bad experience.
Seems like a long time ago, before the surgery, Josh had two baseball games. Both FREEZING cold. So excited for the warm ones coming up! Andrew just plays on the playground the entire time, totally unaware of anything else going on in the world, but we have to give Lissy Skittles and marshmallows to keep her there. Josh got to play catcher on Monday, and he looked ridiculously adorable in the gear. He was serious about his job, too. When the game was over, the other team started trotting back to their dugout, but as they tried to pass home plate, Josh kept tagging them with the ball. Apparently he didn't get the "it's over" memo. Everyone was laughing in the crowd, but I don't think it affected him because he was in the zone. Noah really got in there at his soccer game, and despite the fact it seems all the other kids' legs are twice the thickness of his, he was able to score. Andrew said, "I already played enough soccer" and didn't go.
The kids got paid $2 a piece for dog-sitting last week, and they were thrilled. Josh didn't spend his because he's saving up for an iPad (he's got $6, so he's practically there), and Noah wanted to spend some of his right away. Andrew had no idea what was going on, but folded up his dollars into tiny squares and put them in his pocket. Noah wanted to buy a push pop, and when I told him he'd have to spend half his money he got concerned, but did it anyway. Andrew saw Noah buy something, and picked up a pack of Skittles and said, "Can I buy skibbles?" When I said, "Yes, but it will cost over half of your money," he didn't even blink. He said, "Yea! Skibbles!!" I am amused by the levels of concern about money between the 3.
Okay, have a great week, all. Josh and Noah are making a cardboard arcade right now (yes, inspired by Caine's Arcade), and they're asking me to try it out. Will do.
And from another part of my update to my family, lest my future-self think I don't care about anything:
Crazy about Boston. I actually couldn't even click on the link when I first heard about it, but eventually I did read and there are some inspiring stories. I feel sick about the 4 people who died and those who lost limbs, but given the nature of the explosions, it's a HUGE miracle more weren't killed. Really, it's obvious God was helping out.
No comments:
Post a Comment