The toy business may not be booming, but the boys did land a real job this week, taking care of the dogs across the street while the people were away. I thought I'd have a hard time remembering, but the boys wanted to be there constantly. They fell in love with the dogs, and wanted to pet them and play fetch all day. They were even willing to help pick up poo when one of them had an accident. While I was cleaning up one such accident, one of the dogs was hiding under the bed. The boys wanted to get her to come out, and had this idea to make a trail of treats to lure her out. Good idea, I said as I cleaned. They were frustrated that it wasn't working, and when I went up there I found out why. I had imagined a trail of treats every 5 to 8 feet, but turns out their trail was more of a road. The treats were end to end. Yeah, she could only come out so far before getting ill . . .
We have been talking for a while about what nutrients in different foods do for you, but I was still surprised when Noah came to a conclusion the other day. "Mom," he said out of the blue. "I know why horses eat carrots. It's so that when the cowboys are riding on a dusty trail they can see really well through the dust."
The first part of the week felt like a fog because we got way too little sleep in St. George last week. It was vacation! It was so warm down there, and snowed the day after we got back. RUDE. Noah learned how to ride his bike right before we left for St. George, so was excited to resume riding no matter the weather. It was raining, and he wanted to show everyone how great he is at riding in the rain. As he was doing so, he said, "I'm being careful not to run over all of the worms, because they're good for the earth."
Let's see . . . we got new neighbors, well, 4 houses down, but we were notified ahead of time so we could meet the moving truck, so that's always excitement. I finally took Lissy in to the Dr. to see why she is constantly ornery these days, (cat memes didn't help, dad), and the dr. agreed she is extremely congested. We're trying singulair just in case there may be some issues there, but also talked about reactive airway. I can't move my body because I had two awesome workouts and a back tweak at the case lot sale. Oh, and most exciting for the boys is this was opening weekend for spring sports. Noah had about 6 shots on goal during his game, so it was a thrill when one finally popped in. Hooray. Andrew had a great practice, but didn't want to play much in the actual game. No matter. Josh was ridiculously cute in his new Braves uniform. I think he put it on in the car on the way home from getting it. During the game he was so excited he was doing jumping jacks in the outfield. Happy ones.
Lissy looooves pat-a-cake. She gets super into it and throws her hands up with happiness at the end. One time I started playing it with her doll, and she got crazy happy - it's too cute. Andrew loves to snuggle his mommy, and when it's time to read he says, "I got your favorite books, mom." No matter what the books are. He actually likes pat-a-cake, too. Noah's preschool got cancelled on Tuesday, so we got out the stamps and went nuts. Andrew was stamping all day long, grinning away as he did it. Lissy just ate markers. Oh, yes, and Andrew and Noah really got into playing dinosaur hunters this week.
Oh, yes, and can't leave you without relating this one. My kids' TV diet has consisted almost entirely of PBS kids and recently some Netflix streaming, so no commercials, really. In St. George cousins were there, and they watched all kinds of stuff. While we were eating our FHE treat on Monday all of the sudden Noah said, "Did you know OxiClean is something that can really help you clean your clothes? You just spray it on there, and all of your laundry stains will wash away." Ok. Then Josh chimes in, "Yeah, and there's also Kaboom to clean the kitchen and bathroom. Mom, where you spray, it stays." Noah agreed. Then Josh says, "Oh, mom, are you tired of your plain color of hair?" Josh and Noah then proceeded to tell me the names of the colors available with Hair Chalk. "It comes out during your next shampoo," they assured me. Haha - they knew their stuff. I had a hard time not laughing, but not as hard as when Andrew came downstairs wearing Lissy's pants yesterday. Now that was awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment