Awesome stuff this week: We got a shed and new carpet! Both are fantastic, the carpet being the fantastic-est. It feels so nice under your feet, and our house looks clean. And huge. Well, our stuff isn't really totally in it right now, so . . . Yeah, that was the hard part. We had to move all of our stuff into our garage, which you may not believe, is a very huge project. Especially when Gary was trying his darndest to get the painting done before the carpet. He got almost done, and it looks so clean. So clean I had to wash all the walls and doors yesterday so they could (temporarily) match. The progress of organizing and getting things ready for carpet was slowed by taking care of sick kiddos, 6 doctor appointments, and the fact nobody could really help because of not wanting to get the crazy virus from hades.
6 appointments you ask? Yes, 3 for Andrew's fevers. First time determined he didn't have strep, second time told he did have an ear infection, start a med, third time to a doctor that does not listen when I say, "My daddy said you need to . . ." Bleh. He did seem better for a day and a half, but today makes the 8th day since he got sick, and still a fever. Poor kid has been so miserable, fevers have been pretty high. He still smiles even with purple lips and chills and a high temp, though. I give him his meds and he says, "Looks like a potion!" Or, (pointing to the number to where the med is filled), "Is that how sick I am?" He also said, "So if the rain falls on my head, my hair will look perfect, right?" He's cute, and hopefully all better in the morning.
![]() |
| An extremely sick fevery Andrew |
Lissy got away with only 24 hours of fever, and is such a funny thing. She talks about "the boys" a lot lately. "I can help the boys." "Boys, stop!" and "I like my boys." She is trying to potty train, but her mom isn't a lot of help. She woke up Noah at 5 a.m. to help her go potty, though. Since her cute glasses that I ran all around 3 counties to get were going to get ruined by her yanking them off, I bought her the indestructible less-cute goggle things. Except they were destructed in 3 days. Will try again. She runs around singing "Let it Go" and twirling around.
Josh's baseball season is in full swing. He LOVES it, and does a good job. He plays first base a lot, and has gotten in some nice hits. I like that his team is full of people either in our ward or formerly in our ward, and his coaches are nice and chill. Makes game time fun. Josh got to start scouts this month, and is EXCITED. So excited, in fact, that when his baseball game got rained out on Wednesday, he didn't care because it meant he got to go to scouts for the first time. He was doing the happy dance all evening. The night before the carpet his best friend's dad (Spencer Powelson) came over to help Gary move stuff, and Josh couldn't resist staying up, too. What a help he was! Josh ran this way and that doing everything we said. We couldn't have done it without him, and now I think I'll offer staying up late to do chores as an occasional option. :)
Me: Did you know Ruben can speak Spanish?
Noah: No, how do you know?
Me: He told me during centers that his parents are from Mexico, so he can speak Spanish.
Noah: Well, our dad is from Los Angeles, so maybe . . .
As for me and Gary, all we have to do is put our entire house back together, get rid of all the diseases, and then have a baby. No biggie.

No comments:
Post a Comment