Tuesday, December 2, 2008

It's All About the Little Guy

Good job, Noah was the one who is teething, you matched one of the maladies correctly! (All of you who guessed Gary got it wrong, sorry.) Seems that I post a lot of Josh-stories (he does provide a lot of material at his age), but Noah is developing a cute little personality of his own. So what has he been up to? Let's take a little look-see, shall we?
He's been able to sit by himself for a little over a month now, and so he's moved on up to the high chair for his many meals. He's a really hungry boy! Instead of just gnawing on biter biscuits for a minute and then discarding, he actually eats them down to a nub then gets mad that it's gone.
This fuzzy photo is his first time in the high chair - for memory's sake, yes, we gave him something to eat besides the plastic yellow monkey. He really gets around with his rolling. A little over a month ago he rolled over to a sippy cup of water some friends brought over, and started drinking out of it. I couldn't believe it - I couldn't get Josh to like sippy cups forever, but Noah just stole one to drink out of at 5 months.
Noah loves textures. I can't read a magazine while I feed him because he'll always have his little hand back grabbing it and rubbing his little hand on it. Here he is with my sister's dog - notice what both of his hands are doing. Gary had to protect the dog.

He loves to sit and play with stuff in boxes. He's entertained for quite a while with this shoebox full of cars.
I just took him to the doctor this morning for his 6 month check up, and watch out - 20 lbs. 9 0z. (91st percentile), 28.5 inches long (99th percentile). I love his chubbiness. He is so kissable and squeezable! He is ticklish and really gets laughing sometimes. He is entertained by playing and watching Josh most of the time, although he does NOT like teething, and apparently he doesn't like immunizations, either. I've been taking care of him the whole time I've been writing and at one point I said, "Quit screaming so I can blog about how adorable you are!"
Here is his, "I just went to the doctor today and my mom is going to share my stats," picture. We love this boy!

14 comments:

DP said...

Isn't Malcolm your dad's dog?

Also, that's totally a Josh face in the first picture.

Nate and Brooke said...

Oh I love his cheeks!!!

Coordination Queen said...

Shoot she stole my comment... but I will say it anyway... Love those cheeks! That dog looks just like my parents.

Anonymous said...

Which sister were you thinking about when you wrote that about Malcolm???

sarahflib said...

Not to mention the same thing again, but I had the same thought about the dog. If we're really getting technical about ownership, Mom got him for Christmas.

Okay, so I'm glad you gave Noah his own post! I love this boy. What a talented chap at a mere six months old.

Emily S said...

I knew the dog thing would come up! As I was typing I decided I couldn't put it was my mom's or my dad's because it would sound funny to say it was either of theirs. So I put sister's, for the sake of saying it wasn't mine, but here's a dog. I was thinking Kristen and Kayla. I should have put parents' or family's. Hindsight is good . . . poor Noah, I tarnished his post. Darn you, Malcolm!

Anna said...

I love Noah's chubbiness. I sure hope I get a chubby baby --- so cute!

Steven and Kimberly said...

I can't believe how big he is!! Maile has sure slowed down, is that good, or bad? At least they are both cute!!

sarahflib said...

Don't consider Noah's post tarnished. Just consider it sanitizing your history for the sake of posterity. But really, I love the last picture of Noah! It kills me every time I see those big eyes. What a doll.

Karey said...

Hi! I found you through Rachel Murdock's blog. You have such a cute family! I love love love Noah's rolls in the last picture :)

This Idaho Girl said...

There seems to be some family contention regarding the dog. I'm glad you clarified that was Gary's arm holding Noah so no one would refer to you as "Amazon Emily" behing your back. It's evident Noah is eating more than plastic monkeys. He weighs nearly as much as my girls! Big healthy boy.

EmJay said...

Oh I could just eat him up! Why don't my kids get chubalub like that? I'm beginning to think that I produce skim milk!

Ash said...

oh my heck, those beautiful eyes....he's gonna break some little girl hearts when he's older

Liz said...

So does Noah still take a sippy?
he is so stinkin cute with all of the rolls and the brown eyes. I like the last picture it really shows off his legs. They are sweet.

And really, thanks again for keeping us entertained yesterday, and also for the yummy pizza!