Monday, April 27, 2009

The Boys - Amusing Yet Unrelated Vignettes

The sport of the moment was football-at-bedtime. Josh and his dad were tossing the ball back and forth when suddenly Josh said, "Uh, oh, I need my helmet!" and ran away. When he came back from rummaging in the garage, he had his helmet on, and although it made playing extremely difficult for him, Josh was determined to play the game like it should be played.Josh is a big Kris Allen (American Idol) fan, because he plays the guitar. Whenever Josh sees a guitar number he runs and gets his dad's guitar (poor Gary, the thing's never in tune for more than two seconds). On this particular occasion, I cleaned the entire kitchen while Josh watched and played along with the previous night's number over and over again. He calls it, "Playing the guy song." (I debated whether to share, given the outfit, but he's still under 3 for a month . . .)

Josh loves to help me cook. On this particular occasion he helped me make an entire chocolate cake from scratch. It took a very long time and our kitchen was very messy, but look at him . . . he calls himself "the mixer guy."
Noah's starting to show signs of being an adventure-kid. He loves this slide. If you sit him at the top, he'll push himself off, and loves it. In this picture he's concentrating pretty hard, but sometimes he sits and claps for a minute before taking the plunge.
Hee, hee, Noah . . . he emptied this drawer of bibs and climbed in himself.
So, I took several pictures of Noah in the drawer, and someone got jealous. "Take a picture of me eating pineapple!" Josh said. It's a pretty incredible photo.
Lately they're turning into the 2 Musketeers, collaborating for their destruction. Both of them were pretty darn pleased to have this bag of Craisins all over the floor. It was a small bag and they were so happy to be in cahoots . . .
After a nutritious breakfast, what do two little boys want to do while mom cleans up? Go outside and eat rocks, of course. When they first started doing this several weeks ago, Gary and I tried to make them stop, but soon determined it wasn't worth it, we'd have to keep them inside. Rocks are a staple item for boys.
And last but not least, when Mom is mowing the lawn, does a good man just let her do it all by herself? Of course not! Josh grabbed the craft scissors (he pronounces it "crap scissors") and started working on the front strip. Thanks, man.

13 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

Josh sure seems to be a helpful fellow. You should be proud that he advocates safety first with that helmet. As for Noah, we went through the drawer hopping stage as well. Now we are throwing and dumping things. Such fun. Looks like we are living in the same level of destruction.

Renae said...

He's helping you cut the grass! Lol! Cute kids!

Liz said...

I love it. The picture of Josh helping you bake is priceless. What a cute smile!

Stacey said...

I LOVE Josh stories! They always make my day... And I am glad to see Noah is also providing plenty of entertainment! I was just thinking about what to fix Scott for lunch. Maybe rocks?

DP said...

I have a couple pairs of crap scissors, but I pronounce it that way on purpose.

And now I finally realized why my mom never taught me about electric mixers.

Coordination Queen said...

What helpful little boys! If you lived in AZ you could give Josh the scissors to cut the grass all the time. :)

Kyle said...

the guitar photo is classic. he's going to love that one when he's older. i need to go find some "crap scissors" for cade, good idea.

Janiebelle007 said...

DAve's right. He has at least two pair of scissors at his house he could give Josh for grass cutting.

Anna said...

your boys are so cute. I love that Noah's getting big enough for them to be partners in crime. :)

Ash said...

Aww, your boys are so cute!

Hannah said...

Lurve them!

Kris and Q said...

I love the pictures of the boys and I hope you find your camera soon because you take great pictures.

Allison said...

I'm requesting that you delete this post. I don't want Ted getting the idea that I should be mowing the lawns just "because Emily does". I haven't mown during our entire marriage, knock on wood.