Oh, yeah, that's right. So perfect for cuddling and kissing. I knew he was getting big when I had to switch him to size 3 diapers and 3-6 month clothes around Christmas time (right before he turned two months). Then, at his two-month check-up he was 15 lbs., 12 oz. (99th percentile), and 24 inches long (just under 90th percentile). But after that, he's just kept getting bigger. I'm not really sure how big he is now, but he's 3 months old now, and I won't take him in for another month. However, I put him on the scale at the grocery store in the children's museum, and it said over 17 pounds. Who knows how accurate that is, but he seems big enough. I think it's cute, just as long as it's not the result of some disorder . . . for now we'll go with cute. Oh, and he's shiny in the picture because I just put Aquaphor on him.
His size is good for holding his head up and rolling. He rolled from his front to back the first time a month and a half ago, and now does it a little more regularly. When he's on his tummy pushing up on his hands, you can really see what his little face looks like, minus the extra rolls. This is how I see him.
Andrew has the hugest smiles, and laughs, too. I've never had a baby who laughed when tickled so early. He doesn't laugh every single time he gets tickled, but if he's in a happy mood it's just hilarious. I don't have great laughing pictures (hard to get with babies sans fancy camera or tons of luck), but here's a sample.
Yes, he's smaller in these last two pictures. They were taken in mid-December.
Josh is a good brother and often says, "Andrew really likes me." Josh has been known to put Andrew in his bed next to him to snuggle, and once I found Josh asleep with Andrew just calmly laying beside him. Too bad Andrew has gotten too big for Josh to carry, it was so cute.
Josh loves feeding Andrew a bottle (it's another issue, but please let him still take a bottle . . . he hasn't gotten one often enough, it seems.)
Andrew loves playing with his toys that dangle down. He stays interested way longer than Josh would have ever thought of at that age. Whether this is by force or by personality, I don't know, but it's cute to see him get all excited and talk his little baby babble as he plays.
Andrew gets covered up by this one, but the boys really wanted to all be in the picture.
Speaking of all the boys, I was trying to get all three of them together when Andrew was still pretty new, but neglected to actually dress them first. I take what I can get. Oh, and this was when Noah still had his cast.
Noah always says, "I want hold Anoos." So we put Andrew on his lap, and usually before Andrew really even settles there, Noah says, "I done."
A shot of him at about 6 weeks old.
When he was still pretty new.
And finally, his first bath where he could really get his whole body in the water, at around 2 weeks old. Very relaxing. (Although he did scream at first.)
We actually thought it would be funny to put all 3 of the kids in the tub at once, although this will not be repeated again for quite a while. I tried tonight, and the success level was low, as far as protecting my baby from injury. (BTW, no way he fits in that baby tub now.)
And in the end he gets all cozy in a towel.
So there you have it, my tiny little newborn baby. I'm going to go kiss those cheeks right now.
15 comments:
He is adorable!!! Love all the pictures and how Josh is such a good big brother!
He is darling. And about the same size as mine. :)
I love all the pictures! You have a beautiful family--the boys are so cute together (can you say cute for boys?). Keep enjoying them! :) Britney
Josh and Andrew really look like brothers in that picture of them in Josh's bed.
Oh my goodness he is so darling! I think it's perfect that you had just rubbed him with Aquaphor for the first picture. It makes it so you can see all of his rolls better. I miss you all!
What a cutie!! Your boys are getting so big! Time sure does fly by!
Those are some serious rolls. How cute is he. 3 boys--they'll have such fun growing up together. :)
He looks so tall... sigh, sigh..... I can tell by the pictures that his big brothers are pretty proud of him, as they should be.
What a darling house of boys. I love this post. :) I would really like a shot of your bicepts, actually. Considering Andrew's size, I am quite sure you could help Kyle load all that food storge in our overhead garage storae space with little effort.
I love your baby! I'm glad you mentioned the Aquaphor because I was wondering if you had oiled up his rolls just for the picture. I can't decide what my favorite picture is; they're all too cute. You'll have to weigh Andrew up at the office next week.
Aw, I hope this doesn't creep you out, but i so want to put lotion on those legs and belly! I love chubby little babes and rubbing lotion into their rolls! What a sweetheart he seems to be!
Holy toledo, Em. You sure make a healthy baby. I think you should come cook for me when I'm pregnant & nursing.
Oh! I love them all! This was such a darling post. Great job on having adorable children, Em.
super cute boys Emily.
Dang Em. No wonder you're so buff! You produce pretty healthy boys =)
Post a Comment