Monday, February 1, 2010

Question Regarding Word Verification

They say it's to reduce "comment spamming." I would hate getting that, but every time I have to punch in the letters to make a comment somewhere I wonder about it. I turned off word verification several months ago, and no problems so far. Have any of you turned off your word verification and had problems with getting random comments from monkeys banging on keyboards? (Or whatever else.)

6 comments:

This Idaho Girl said...

I turned on word verification because I was getting spammers. Then I turned it off, and no spammers... yet.

Coordination Queen said...

I had gotten a couple of spammers so I turned it on... it doesn't really bother me to do it on other people's blogs so I just leave it on.

Tiffany said...

I very much dislike word verification, I don't think I've ever had it on my blog and I haven't had any spam....

Trever and Heather said...

Haven't had any in a really long time, and I don't have the word verification thing.

Rachel said...

I had spam on my fake blog! yikes! loads of it!

Sara said...

My monkeys bang on and pull keys off of my computer. I think word verification is a conspiracy and I also would like to know what happened to spell check on the new blog thingy.