Sunday, April 11, 2010

Trying for a Well Baby Check

 Andrew was excited to be 4 months old.  
He liked to coo at his daddy, and anyone else who liked cooing, and was feeling pretty large knowing that he'd hit 17 pounds 9 oz. at 3 months. 
So, he went in for his 4 month check up. Sure he'd been breathing rattly and his nose was the runniest ever. How could he be that sick when he was smiling and cooing all of the time? Well, the scale still read 17 pounds 9 ounces, same as it had the month before. And the rattly chest was RSV. And the RSV had caused ear infections in both ears. Uh-oh, Andrew. (Pic at 3.5 mo.)
I think he was 25 inches at that appointment, but all of the sicknesses he had made me forget - and the doctor didn't give me a paper because of the rest of the stuff she was thinking of. And percentiles? Who knows. Sorry, bud, I'll document you more later. Two weeks later he was 18lbs. 4 oz, but still infected ears, and two weeks after that (5 months) he had reached 19 lbs. 1 oz, and finally a point where he could get shots. Hooray! (Even though a 3rd antibiotic was in order. And a different reflux med.)
He's done a few rolls here and there, but doesn't really roll around the room (until today). Instead he does little wiggles of happiness that somehow scoot his body around. And end him up in some interesting places.  (4.5 mo.)
When he's on his tummy he does little face dives and other maneuvering that scoots him backwards. And in circles, too. It's pretty accidental, and after a while he finds himself far away from his toys. (Yes, he started at the toys here.) 
He's so chubby I can't help but kiss and kiss him. He is getting more interested in stuff now - mostly in grabbing stuff. He's at that age where eating with him on your lap would just be a plate toss. This week he's been doing ab work and progressing with sitting quite nicely. Today my sister brought a toy he felt was worth sitting up for, and he did it for a minute. We all love to laugh with him and egg him on in his baby-dance of glee. 
Want to see it again? 

9 comments:

Stacey said...

He is SOOO adorable! Hard to believe he has been that sick with all the happy pictures you've taken. Poor little guy!

Ali said...

What a happy little guy! Babies are great teachers to us to be happy through sickness...aw.

Tiffany said...

SO cute!! Those are some adorable pictures... I hope everything gets worked out with his RSV and reflux, not fun!

sarahflib said...

I love Andrew. He's so good natured. I think he sat up for at least five minutes with that toy.

The A Family said...

You should have put some of those pictures in the ward video/picture thing. I totally would have voted for them! Wow, what a big baby! I bet you are really building those muscles!

Coordination Queen said...

He is so stinking adorable!

This Idaho Girl said...

I would like to know how you even have time to function with 3 kids, cross country trips and RSV. I am in awe.

Janiebelle007 said...

It says my comment should be "Hi. You're awesome". So, I guess it is. And so is Andrew.

Ash said...

WoW. 5 months already. He is adorable, and I can't believe how happy he is through all the sicknesses. But I bet he had his bad moments too, those are often not caught on camera, luckily. How's life with three going? I've missed you. Take care Lady!