Didn't mean for this to get long. I just got out of bed to turn off our crazy possessed sprinklers, and decided to jot a few things. So much for jotting.
I wish I could publish my mental picture of Noah in a laser tag vest. It was nearly as big as him, in my mind I picture flashing lights by each ear that would have been on a larger person's shoulder. Josh had some free passes left over from a birthday party, so we went to play as a family a couple of weeks ago. We had the place to ourselves, which was perfect for Andrew to run around. Something about the fog, lights, and music really tickled his fancy, because he ran around laughing the entire time. Josh was super into it, and looked adorable in his gear as well. After about 2 minutes (can you believe it took me that long?), I realized hitting Noah was a cheap shot, and it became a battle between Gary and me. Very fun. Gary had the best accuracy by far, Josh second, me third. Awesome. Wish I hadn't left my camera at home, it was cuteness overload with the boys. With that and our free Macey's ice cream cones afterwards, it was a dream evening.
I'm starting to feel like my Zumba career is going to be on hold for a while. Okay, well, is. If my belly is ridiculous now (last time I did the class, the shaking looked sooo good :), I shudder to imagine what it will be in 3 weeks when I don't have anything on the schedule during Zumba time. I tried water aerobics for the first time yesterday, and while it was surprisingly difficult, it's amazing how much harder I will work for Enrique and Usher than for the Beach Boys. Love them, of course, but, you know. Also, people I knew went to Zumba, and we laughed together. Yesterday at water when I arrived there were 5 older ladies chatting and not listening to the teacher. I got in the water and did the exercises ALL BY MYSELF for the first 15 minutes. When we grabbed the noodles the other ladies decided to join in. Noodles make the difference . . . None of this is a major life change, I just think it's amusing. The contrast makes me giggle. I will get to know the water people and report back.
Andrew just up and rejected his binkie. A big shocker, being as he was extremely addicted. He cries every time we put him in bed now, and he has nothing keep him relaxed in church, etc., but he suddenly doesn't want it. It may have to do with teething . . . I guess this is a good thing, since he's 20 months. I won't have to fight the battle later. So far with my kids I have had one long-term addict, one young quitter, and one addict that threw it away himself. Variety.
I am working on a math class as part of my teacher certification, and while it's not bad at all, it's just one more thing. I'm getting terrified that I won't be able to earn enough relicensure points by next year when I'm up for renewal. You would not believe the amount of time and money it takes to keep this thing up. Suddenly I'm on a professional development rampage. A couple of weeks ago I went to a training in Salt Lake (civic education - so awesome!), and Gary took off work to be with the kids. I told him that Noah and Andrew really liked feeding ducks and going to the park while Josh was at school. He did both. Not only that, he pushed them on the swings at the park for well over an hour one day. Those little boys had their best days ever . . .
The other day a baby crawled on my floor and the tops of her feet turned black from my carpet. I had vacuumed it less than 24 hours prior and had it professionally cleaned in March. YUCK! I am trying not to worry about the carpet, because no use worrying about things you can do absolutely nothing about, but wow.
I am carrying this baby so high I can't breathe already. Not breathing has always come much later for me, so it's startling. On the upside, I can walk. And wear some large pants from before. I wonder how many times you can do this pregnancy thing before it feels the same. More than 4.
We went out with Dallin and Martha on Friday night and it was fantastic. We ate at Red Iguana (delicious, and I didn't even mind I was the only one not in on the Spanish jokes with the musicians), then walked it off at temple square. Great company, great fun.
All 3 boys are hilarious and active. They are on their bikes and scooters (yea for birthdays!) every chance they can get. Josh is actually riding a 2-wheeler now. Noah is really interested in space, and is determined to work hard in preschool so he can be an astronaut. Andrew is suddenly trying to say a lot more words, and my favorite is "huggies." Not the diapers, actual chubby-baby hugs where he cuddles right into you. Yeah, it's worth it.
6 comments:
I hope all of Noah's wildest dreams come true!
Oh, I"m so glad you jot like this. A good day is a day you know how Em and her gang is doing! :)xoxo
Today I told Andy that one of us needs to get a huge cargo van so we can all ride into the gym together, I would LOVE to see you do Zumba! Debi, Emeli and I keep having intentions of going but the daycare is always too full for our liking... I did water aerobics while prego and tried to make friends with the old ladies, they just wanted to give me birthing advice.... But I still went. YOU ROCK, BTW!
I love you and your boys.
There are days when I think having 3 or 4 boys would be so fun! So active, creative and I love the busyness with boys. I guess I got the best of both worlds with Siri, she loves all things girly, but has the busyness of a boy, and she knows how to be rowdy, just ask Simon!
FYI -- your house is not the only one where Evs' feet have turned black. I think her skin is a dirt magnet. :)
So fun to see you again (and Gary, I haven't seen him in ages, what a good guy you married there).
Post a Comment