Sunday, September 11, 2011

Tale of 3 Doctors (We'll Have Chub to Kiss . . . )

I had an ultrasound yesterday to make sure I didn't have placenta previa because things were a little close at 20 weeks. That's not a problem at all now, phew. However, the neonatologist was concerned about the size of the baby. Seems that she's measuring about two weeks ahead of average, and if delivered yesterday would have been about 5 lbs. 4 oz. (at 32.5 weeks). After making sure I passed my glucose test, she asked about my other babies. When I told her Andrew was 9 lbs. 5 oz. at 39.2 weeks, she said, "It seems like you're on that same trajectory. Okay, well, I have no problems with this ultrasound, good luck!" I can't complain about a healthy baby, but, wow. I was actually already feeling it, but there's always hope for a petite little thing. Oh, well, I do love snuggling chub . . .

Andrew's legs are getting un-bowed! I thought they were improving, so it was great for the orthopedist to confirm it. She is still pretty sure they will self-correct. Good to hear. He jumps and climbs and does everything he should and more, so it hasn't slowed him down. Positive news there.

As for negative news, my eyes are more dry than ever. I've been trying to get back into wearing contacts for a couple of years now (I don't like glasses very much, but due to dry-eye, it's what I have to do). However, this time when I visited the opthamologist, he didn't even present contacts as an option. He said I need to do more eye drops just to save my eyes from scarring. Yipes. I have no business living in the desert. Oh, well, remember the Cambodian missionaries that desperately needed eye correction but never got any until they got to the MTC? Yeah, I'm lucky to have glasses. And eyesight! (And yes, I have tried everything. Duct plugs, Restasis, fish and flax oil . . . gotta buy a whole-house humidifier next. Another day.)

5 comments:

Ali said...

How are you 32 weeks already? It feels like I just found out you're having a girl. Wow- we are going to meet this baby (via blog) very soon! I'm super excited to see her in all her chub glory:) Ty is quite the chub and I must say- it's a new experience for me and SO SO fun.

This Idaho Girl said...

My baby is measuring 2 weeks big too. This is strange for us because my mom never had a baby over 7 lbs. Patrick was 9 lbs. No wonder I feel so big.

sarahflib said...

Ouch ouch ouch. I really cannot imagine having a baby that size at 32.5 weeks. You're a rock star.

Jones said...

Glad you don't have to worry about placenta issues, and glad she is healthy, although sorry your hope for something a little easier to pass through is thrown out the window. I can't wait to see a girl syphus!!!

Tiffany said...

Have you had placenta issues before?? Goodness, Matthew was 5lbs 9oz at 36 weeks. I can't wait to see what baby girl Syphus looks like!!