Turkey Day is here again, yummy, yummy-o! With a gobble, gobble here, and a gobble gobble there . . . We sang that right before eating on Thanksgiving, in an attempt to convince my new brother in law that it's a tradition. Don't think he bought it, but the singing was boisterous, and my kids thought it was funny. (By the way, Andrew saying, "Gobble, gobble," is adorable. He loves to say it, too.) I vote that it's a new tradition.
I finally found a pie crust I love, without the pie in it even. Lots of people took turns (willingly) holding and snuggling my barfing baby (Katie nearly convinced her to switch families). I got to chat with my fun family. My kids were nearly continually entertained. I laughed playing games. I got to be with Gary for days in a row. Gary told me to go take a nap sometimes. There was also pie in the crust that was pretty delicious. Awesome. Thanksgiving at my parents house was just what we all needed one month after adding another baby to our family.
It's interesting trying to capture a good memory. If I write that we played The Game of Things and it was hilarious, it probably doesn't evoke a memory later. If I mention that at one point Gary broke down into his famous Gary giggle, I'll at least know it was good. If I say I had fun dancing or playing Rockband, it probably seems standard. Might help to say that even though I am a terrible singer I felt like an actual rockstar singing Pink's "Who Knew" as a duet with Kristen. It's okay if I forget I spent the days mostly taking care of kids, but even so, it was good for me to do so when I felt like I could relax. My dad took us all out to lunch on Saturday, and it was delicious. Noah said his food (a quesadilla) tasted like dessert. And did I mention I loved the pie? Yummy, yummy-o . . .
 |
| Kristen loves Andrew. Andrew is crazy about Kristen. Isn't it great to have aunts? |
 |
| They're all hungry. |
 |
| Braden was embarrassed for his solo shot with the hat. Sorry, now it's on the internet. |
 |
| The cousins had a blast playing together, mostly playing zombies. Sometimes shirtless. Boys . . . My favorite game was when they played house and Andrew was the baby. You should have seen Sophie try to carry him. |
 |
| Grandma has a way of making Lissy happy. |
 |
| Sophie was a little mommy to Elisabeth. She wanted to rock her all the time. |
 |
| Josh got to take his class "pet" Chester to grandma's. He was so excited to do everything with him. |
 |
| Beckett and Andrew had some fun. |
 |
| These babies love to cuddle with grandpa. |
 |
| Josh and Noah (and Chester) waiting for the Festival of Lights parade. The random kid to the side of Josh was also smiling for the photo. Shouldn't have cropped him out. |
 |
| Serious parade watching going on. |
 |
| Andrew LOVED the parade. He got especially excited about one of the snowman floats. |
 |
| The kids liked all of the floats, but they were mostly excited to see Santa at the end. After we saw Santa I asked, "Do you think Santa saw you?" Yes, they nodded excitedly. "Do you think he'll come to our house?" Noah got a funny look on his face and said, "We didn't ask." |
 |
| Elisabeth and cousin Violet, who is about 4 months older. They are shaping up to be great friends. |
 |
| Andrew was counting the babies. He got up to seven. |
 |
| In my hometown there are lots of fun Christmas light displays, and Josh got his picture taken in front of his favorite one. |
2 comments:
My first thanksgiving away from home will be a memory I always cherish... Do they still have the bed race down main street?
PS- will you email me your address so I can send a Christmas card? :)
Your house always was the party place. I love seeing all the grandkids. The Gibby girls did well.
Post a Comment