That phrase came out of my mouth the other day, and I started laughing. It pretty much distills how my life goes right now into one sentence. Pretty nuts, but these kids are pretty great. I have loved not having Josh in school this week. It seems like things are so much less stressful when I don't have to worry about that, and can just do things like expand the train table for them and watch them play. And then attempt to put batteries in the railroad crossing.(It eventually came together, and was a hit.) And since we've been sick, we've had time to be together, and to drink 7up. :)
I am not ignoring the fact it was Christmas yesterday, it's just that I wrote this entire thing last week (including the last paragraph), and in my bit by bit fashion, this is what is now ready to finish and post. But we had a good Christmas. Relaxing, fun, naps, roast beef, Wen . . . hope you had a good one, too!
Lately our boys have been a little more destructive than usual, so one day Gary told them we'd have to take back some of their Christmas presents to pay to fix stuff. (Not mean, it's just a concept that hits home. :) ) A while back Josh squirted green glitter glue all over the place, and a huge glob is still on the ceiling. When we pointed that out he said, "I have an idea. Why don't you just tape a paper towel over top of it to cover it up? That won't cost a lot."
We asked the kids at FHE what they think Jesus would like as a present for Christmas. Noah said, "Jesus would want important toys, like toys about baptism."
Noah kept waking up in the night for various reasons (abnormal for him, turns out he had an infected finger), and after several times of going in to comfort my sobbing son, I said, "Seems like you're really having a hard time, bud." "Yes, I am," he cried, "That's why I always have bad news!"
 |
| One day while I was working on projects they formed this band. The video is funnier because Andrew keeps rotating instruments, and the song is pretty sweet. |
 |
| I think Lissy looks like Noah's doll. |
 |
| Andrew found a way to get past the childproofing. See it sticking out all ineffectively . . . |
 |
| Noah talked about pirates in school, and decided his Walmart sticker would be the perfect compliment to his hat. |
 |
| Somehow its just more awesome to have a bed on the kitchen floor. |
 |
| This is where Lissy gets to lay while I switch around laundry. |
2 comments:
noah and andrew look like twins in a couple of those pictures!
sounds like things are equally awesome and frustrating. hang in there it gets better, I promise!
Post a Comment