Sunday, December 18, 2011

We Each Got Some Strikes - The Good Kind

We don't often take pictures at get-mom-out-of-the-house nights (wait, was this for this kids?), but this time we had extra fun and went bowling, and kids look cute bowling, so I had to capture it. They all loved it and felt proud of each pin they knocked down, and Gary and I had flashes of brilliance (followed by gutter-balls, but strikes are still awesome). We treated ourselves to all-you-can-eat wings after the bowling, and laughed at how healthy we were having such a meal just days before Thanksgiving. Oh, well. Sometimes you just need bowling and chicken wings to make everything right. Sometimes as in that time.

Andrew and Josh, ready to go. I love that Andrew wore bowling shoes! (He actually didn't want to put them on until he saw everybody else doing it.)


A big part of the fun is watching to see how many pins you knocked down. The ball rolling down the lane portion of the activity lasts a while for these guys.

Equal parts technique and determination . . .


Josh coached Noah on how to do it the entire time, since he knows what he's doing.

This is how Lissy enjoyed the night.


Andrew LOVED bowling, it was adorable. Only problem was, he wanted it to be his turn every second. We were pretty weary from holding him back at the end. It was hilarious to watch him lug the balls over himself to put them on the baby bowling thingie. That kid is strong.



2 comments:

Michelle said...

This is great. You have done really awesome blogging, Em. I love reading about your life with 4. You seem to be swinging it beautifully. Getting-mom-out-of-the-house nights are great. Kyle knows what a stickler I am about bedtime and routine, blah blah. Then I really throw him when I say at 5:30, "lets go bowling at BYU and out to dinner!" In my head that is code for "Suffocating in the walls of my house!" but he just looks at me crazy, because we are fully aware we won't be home before 8 o'clock and isn't used to me being okay with that.
Good times. Love your precious boys!!!

Rachel said...

haha, bowling with kids is fun. Glad you went!!! It was so fun seeing you...wow...three weeks ago now! time flies. Merry Christmas!