So Lissy woke up at 5:30 to eat and went back to sleep, but although my head is buzzing I am so tired, I can't sleep because of all I have to do before leaving to Texas tomorrow. But if I do them, my kids will hear me and wake up. It's the curse of the bright summer morning. So, I type . . .
Speaking of waking up at 6:30, that's what time Josh and Noah woke up on Saturday morning because they were so excited for their last soccer games of the season. They were planning to get medals, so that's pretty great. They were in our room in full uniform before 7 asking us to tie their cleats . . . yeah, no. Unfortunately Josh was pretty tired for his game, but he still had a great time, he gets so excited about stuff like awesome goal-blocking, which he does a lot of. His team played a team that really gave them a battle, and all of the dads were pumped about the quality of the contest. I went running after Josh's game (hello 10k comin' right up), and was about 15 minutes late for Noah's . . . and apparently missed him making 5 goals. He was taking a rest when I arrived, but I was able to see him make 2 more goals and a couple of assists, plus some other shots on goal. He was pretty proud, and it was adorable. The boys earned their medals, for sure.
On Sunday Cindy and I met up at Doug and Elaine's house to make the mom-switch (she had been in Idaho, and then came to visit us). Cindy schooled me in current pop-culture, then gratefully mom drove on the way home so we did not expire due to my late-night cleaning. It was really great having mom here, the boys keep talking about wanting her back. We went on a walk on Monday, then she took the boys to McDonald's for lunch . . . and surprise haircuts! They look cute, and Gary has been saved tons of time. Also I don't have to clean hair from my kitchen. Hooray!
Andrew had his evaluation with the occupational therapist on Wednesday morning, and it was fantastic! It was two hours long, and most of it was the therapist really trying to understand what is going on with him. She recommended right off the top that he get a complete workup at the pediatric G.I, and maybe also an allergist. She said that if he's not feeling good inside with all of his gut/ENT trouble, that could be a big part of his issues, because kids (and big people) who don't feel good inside try to control their environment because they can't control the inside of their bodies. She said he definitely has some sensory processing issues (you should have seen him when they busted out the shaving cream, the only time that morning his anger showed was when she got some on him), and gave some recommendations. There's a lot to it, but he does need some therapy. She already sent us home with rules for eating, which I am very excited about. Andrew did not love the "kitchen is closed when it's not mealtime" rule, and had a good cry yesterday. So Josh crumpled up the rules and put them in the dumpster to make him happy. Dumpster diving for me . . . Anyway, the therapist said we'll work on stuff but he is a delightful, cute boy. He sure is!
So, other than that, Sam's Club was very fast rotating my tires, but Bob's Garage doesn't know if they can fix the issues with our car before we are supposed to leave tomorrow. Dangit, Bob. Yarg . . . Cross your fingers. Or pray, that's good, too. Lissy has ear infections, her first ones. Poor girl hasn't been feeling well for a good bit of time now, but she still chats will us adorably, so hopefully the medicine will kick in before those mountain passes do. A few hopefully-s here, but we are all SO excited to leave on our big adventure tomorrow. The boys have been counting down, and every morning inform me how long they have left. One day . . .
And P.S. for the blog, Bob did an amazing job at getting the car ready right before we had to leave. Thanks, Bob, it feels good to drive with a new water pump, fan belt, tie rods, alignment, oil change, antifreeze, and head lamp. Good thing we brought it in.
1 comment:
I'm excited to see how things play out with the therapist.
Post a Comment