Right now Andrew is playing, "On your mark, get set, shake your booty," and Lily is BELLY laughing. She thinks Andrew is way too hilarious. It's also funny to watch them play because they look like Jack Sprat and his wife.
So, guess where we are? (Texas) We are having a grand time. Call Me, Maybe became a huge hit of the road trip. Josh is constantly asking for it, and even Gary got the bug in his ear. Gary told me that Colin Powell likes it, and that image was enough to keep us smiling all the way to Texas. Another thing that made us chuckle was the bathroom in Ozona, TX with two toilets in a room without any stalls (efficacy is for families?).
I will blog pictures about all of the major happenings, so this is just random happenings. Today was a relaxing Sunday, I got my first nap in weeks and my first moonpie in months. Aaaah . . . This morning Lily wouldn't eat her breakfast (not unusual), and Noah said, "I guess Lily is fasting. I think Lily fasts every day." Lily is spiritual.
After the sacrament today, I went to the mother's room, and while I was nursing the ward clerk stuck his head in to count the people in there. That's a first for me. Must really have budget problems.
Mom taught a really great lesson in Relief Society. Everybody really felt the spirit. She did a good job of keeping on topic and sharing a great story about her great grandfather that drove the point home. I sat next to mom's visiting teacher, and she is so fun and hilarious. They passed out the visiting teaching message they had copied from the Ensign, and the picture on the page turned out as a big black rectangle. I said, "Hmm, that turned out well." She said, "Oh, yeah, you can't even tell what that is." I read the sidebar and guessed, "Maybe it was a picture of Eliza R. Snow." She replied, "Well, she wasn't really a beauty anyway." HA! (To get the full impact of the hilarity of this, know that mom's vt is an older woman.)
Lissy loves to watch everyone these days; it's actually getting hard to feed her because she is always trying to see what's going on. She especially loves watching Noah, who is apparently hilarious. Today Noah did somersaults, cartwheels, and various tricks for around half an hour, and Lissy squealed and laughed every time. She waves her arms like she's cheering him on. Andrew and Lily got in on the action, too, and had some great tricks to add.
I won't recommend going on a late June run in Gatesville at 10 o'clock. I lost a gallon of sweat, and only survived because mom brought me water in the end. I felt awesome that I did the whole hour, though, and spiritual that I accidentally discovered the church.
We are actually doing pretty well with sleeping arrangements, but Andrew will be Andrew, and still wakes up in the middle of the night. The other day I got up to feed Lissy at 5:50 and Andrew was in the kitchen drawing all over himself. He'd already managed to make himself look like the Hulk, and had taken the lids off of every marker. A few hours later Andrew was back to soundly sleeping and Josh and Noah were awake. They told Katie Andrew did it, and she didn't believe them.
Okay, well, I've got a Ticket to Ride, so bye ya'll! (We then played the game for a long time . . . hooray for families!)
Mom's comment: It is so hard with sleeping here.(We did great, actually.) But it is pretty dark for the most part. For the most part they do well. love these guys. And I'm a doctor. I've fixed Noah's Piggy for the 2nd time. (She fixed him once before several months ago.) And he was in bad shape, loosing his innards. Also, he only has one arm now. (Poor Piggy. We tried to save his arm for the repair, but probably left it in Arizona. He still looks like a great pig, though, and has Noah's total love, so all is well.)
Hannah's comment: I love Noah and his observance and comment on Lily and how he still sleeps with piggy and how mom fixed it.
1 comment:
Post a Comment