The plan was the zoo, and I am not one to want to over-ride fun sounding plans. However, my wise husband said he wouldn't go to the zoo in that Texas summer heat and humidity. Despite my dad "reading on Tripadvisor" that only curmudgeons don't want to go to the zoo, Gary chuckled his soft chuckle, and we discovered the Dr Pepper museum and the Baylor Science Museum, which has a HUGE section for kids. As my sis Kayla and I were walking from the parking lot to the museum with beads of sweat rolling down our backs from that small exertion, we were very glad to have chosen the museum path. And when we saw how fun it was for the kids and for us big people, we were super glad. This place was huge, we didn't get through the whole thing at all in the over 2 hours we were there. I had a grand time, and also the kids apparently enjoyed themselves. Take a look . . .
 |
| Air conditioning here we come . . . look at Josh all tiny in the doorway. |
 |
| The thing about children's museums, is I always want to take a picture of everything. Their dreams are coming true every minute, so . . .I mean, driving a convertible in a police shirt? Go Noah. |
 |
| Lily mentioned driving as a highlight of hers. |
 |
| All drivers were excited . . . he was definitely saving the day. |
 |
| When I saw this I said, "Are you kidding me? Illegal cuteness." |
 |
| Kayla was having fun, trust me. |
 |
| Josh's lounge position is what gets me here. |
 |
| Oh, yeah, Kayla and I are going for a convertible ride in space, driven by Noah! |
 |
| The proud driver thing never stops. Love it. |
 |
| The Native American room was very cool. |
 |
| Noah was saying, "I killed that and that and that . . ." I guess since he wore the costume, it made him The Man. |
 |
| We got our native grooves on. |
 |
| There was actually corn in there to grind with the stone. So much work! |
 |
| Exposed as a Teepee Texter! |
 |
| The best was when the kids got to experiment with the various science concepts. Here Josh was excited to see that two balls could go up. |
 |
| I want one of these. You can move the slats around to make the water change its course. So cool. |
 |
| I want one of these, too. Hooray for being inside of a bubble! |
 |
| Grandma and Josh made some cool discoveries with the bubble wall. |
 |
| These two did not want to move on. |
 |
| This picture wins. Such an awesome thing to do. |
 |
| Yep, she was there, and was a pro the whole time. |
 |
| Kayla was surprised to be able to hear . . . |
 |
| . . . Noah, who was whispering into this metal thing on the other side of the room. |
 |
| DJ's . . . |
 |
| . . . and a Maestro. Maestra? |
 |
| Andrew was pretty good at these pulleys. |
 |
| This was very cool. This was a big pendulum with a pen on top to capture the way the pendulum was swinging. Josh got the thing swaying the way he wanted, then stared in rapt attention as each pattern was drawn. |
 |
| It's the old time Texas ranch room. More cuteness I enjoy. |
 |
| We ended our visit with a trip to the traveling exhibit about the Mayans. It was very, very, cool, but we didn't have a lot of time since it was closing. We had no idea there would be so many great things. These kiddos enjoyed the vine covered cave. |
 |
| When you put your hand in here there was a blast of air. Freaky! |
 |
| We were supposed to complete a scavenger hunt that would reveal the clues to the pattern that would reveal the treasure. We didn't have time for the hunt, but Josh wanted to see it. So, he sat in front trying combos until he got it. Don't know how that happened. There are a lot of combos of 4 things out of this large set. When there's a will, there's a way . . . |
1 comment:
This place looks amazing!! Way to document it all. I want to go!
Post a Comment