Sunday, July 22, 2012

Splishing and Splashing in Texas

Onward goes our Texas journey . . .The cure for the hot and muggy Texas weather? Easy, water. My dad took a day off to spend with us, and started things out with a man-trip to the golf course. According to Gary it was "really fun." That is your detail. After that, we all went to Waco to a water park calls Hawaiian Falls. It was an awesome place because it was clean (really), and had a big place for the kids to play where it was easy to watch them. They reveled in every second. There were also slides (of course), and my sister Katie and I went all teenager and rode them together multiple times. We were so young and free, it was a hoot. Not young and free enough to do the free-falls, but we felt extreme in our minds . . . I also got to spend a lot of time with Josh on slides and the lazy river. That kid is just so happy-go-lucky. He was having grand time cheering for the guys playing volleyball while we were in line.

Yes, I do have to hug and kiss her a lot.



Aren't they adorable? (Kayla and Katie)





After our water park adventure, we filled up at Golden Corral. Don't care what anyone says, I love it. Maybe I just haven't been to a bad one, and this was no exception. Josh took it upon himself to get food for Andrew. He did a good job picking out some things he'd like, some fries and shrimp. When Andrew finished, Josh went and got him a re-fill, put it in front of Andrew and said, "If you don't want to eat this, that's all you're getting, because I don't know what else you want." It was a loving brother with a touch of exasperated parent thrown in. Where does he get this stuff?
We thought it was pretty hilarious that Lily was attempting to eat this cotton candy that was bigger than her head.

Lily decided she wanted to give Gary hugs. Gary was more than happy to .

The kids built a hideout in Lily's room, engineered by Noah, who was proud to be photographed with it.

On one of our chill days we took the kids to a splash pad in Gatesville. Do I need to say that they loved it?

Josh is actually off the ground here . . .


This one gets my vote for favorite.

Noah wanted to be the fasted guy as he ran from spout to spout. It was working, too, capturing him on film wasn't easy.








Eventually Josh had me take him to the non-water playground where we had a great time climbing and teeter-tottering together. Andrew, however, could have possibly stayed all day.


1 comment:

Ali said...

I'm loving all your pictures, and I could just eat your little swim babe up. That first pic of her is so perfect.