Sunday, July 22, 2012

Scenes From a Wrestling House

Update from July 22:

Bodies are flying everywhere at our house right now, so rather than join Gary in letting the boys jump off the couch onto me, I'll just write an update. Lissy is safe in the exersaucer. They are all laughing their heads off and yelling "Adi Moody!" (?), so we'll see how long this lasts. Andrew already burnt his face on the car after church today, and also smashed his cheek, and Noah bonked his eye and got a horrible bite by Andrew. So they looked awesome before Adi Moody started. At least Noah's hair is a little more fluffy than when he cut it himself two weeks ago, forcing a buzz (explains the shorn look in the camping photos). 

They are all very tan from our recent adventures, including camping this weekend with the Familia de Ralph (my grandpa). It is such a great place to go camping with kids, we all  . . . insert . . . Lissy is now being used as a weapon to kick all of the boys, and she thinks it is HYSTERICAL.  Can this end well? . . . anyway, we all got a chance to relax and let the kids play very, very hard while we chatted it up and enjoyed the relatives. Aunt Lainer is such a hoot, I just love camping with her. It's good to see them all. Only problems were getting a bit ill from all of the delicious food and treats and feeling bad for the H- clan when our boys awoke in the mornings with enthusiasm. Oh, yes, and it appears the Mark posterity went to bed too early to hear the good stories, though we did get a few . . . woo-eee, things start coming forth as everyone gets older. :)

As for life, don't really know how it's going because we've been running around everywhere, literally. We've had a grand time on all of our trips, but the in-between times where we try to pick up the pieces of the last trashing the house experience and try for a new one is a little hairy. I did return to the gym last week, and thankfully the boys were ultra-pumped by some new rescue heroes toys. They did not remain pumped enough to be good at Walmart, and we had our hugest store scene ever (3 of 4 crying), but you know what, we had such a good weekend, I totally forgot about that until now. 

We took Andrew to the g.i. doctor last week, and he gave me an exhaustive list of possibilities for him. So far, we've eliminated celiac. I guess that's good, because gluten free sounds like a sad life, but still have to keep testing. You would not have believed Andrew during the blood draw. The lady missed the vein and instead of removing the needle and trying again, she dug all around in his arm for what seemed like forever before she tried the other arm. He didn't even flinch. What a man! I also took him to the OT, and she gave me lots of things to do and try for when he struggles, but said if he keeps doing as well as he is now, we don't need to go in again. That's what I thought, but since April and May was so completely dreadful and she agreed (from the info given from then, 8-10 sessions were recommended), I thought I'd better make sure. We just go back if he gets like that again.

Since the G.I. was in Murray, we decided to go down afterward and visit the T-fam at their new house in Lehi. We "helped" them with their move a little, and chatted and played. We may have made their life harder, but we enjoyed seeing them. Their house seems perfect for their family. Andrew started crying when we left because he'd been loving playing with Cannon again so much. That made me very sad. Then on our way home, the kids were angels at Soelbergs, and I got compliments. Just remembered that, too. The many faces of these children of Gary's . . . 

Adi Moody and Lissy Karate ended with no injuries, and it's time to earn our cookies and go to bed . . .

1 comment:

Krista said...

Em, I sure love reading about all your kids antics. :) you're a lucky mom.

And sending good vibes and prayers for Andrew.

love to you all.