We are watching the Olympics, of course (cuz I've been obsessed with it since I was 4 and wanted to be Mary Lou). Andrew was very excited to see the "diving board kids." I am inspired to get my kids started in Olympic sports so that I get get a trip there. Either that, or I will be the one Visa card user to win trips for life. Options. Andrew is showing some amazing copycat tumbling skills right now . . . Every night during the Olympics Andrew would try to show Gary and me how he could do whatever the Olympians were doing, too. Impressive boy.
The name of the game is recovery now, since I may actually get a shot at unpacking from all of our great adventures. This last one was going to St. George for Gary's mom's big birthday bash. We got there just before midnight on Friday, and of course stayed up until 2 catching up with people. On Saturday Gary and siblings cleaned the garage and did yard work as part of the gift while the baby-mamas (and Ted) took the kids swimming at the neighbors' pool. You should have seen those boys, holy cow. Ethan, Christian, Michael, Scott, and Josh played for hours, jumping off the side of the pool over and over and over again. All of the kids had a blast splashing around, even Lissy.
That night we had a birthday dinner and dessert, then kids to bed and present time. For the other part of the present we are having someone do some family history for Gary's mom. She's excited, and so are we. After that each kid had their shot at telling memories about their mom. Some were touching tear-jerkers, and many others were hysterical. Plus, everyone had to make comments and feed off of everyone else, and we were all busting a major gut. It was a happy time. I think we got to bed at 3 that night. Whew. We got home late last night, and today I fell asleep with my face down on the table after eating lunch. Also, I took a million pictures of the weekend, but not with my camera, so those are on the "someday" list.
Did anyone do anything fun for pioneer day? We did some cleaning, Gary in the garage and me chipping away (literally) at the hard water stuff in the bathtub. We wanted to do something fun after that, and Gary said his family's tradition was to eat Kentucky Fried Chicken. Okay. 8th Pioneer Day with Gary, and I did not know this. So, we ate KFC (and KGC) at the park. We followed that up with base/tee ball. We have some sluggers around here. We talked about how the pioneers also may have had chicken and corn, so that was a definite connection. The boys had questions about it, at least.
And that's the week. Well, except that Cindy and I were pretty sure we had West Nile. Except maybe it's a freaky problem my mom has had. I woke up on Thursday with the world spinning round and round. I really could not even walk, and had to have Noah feed Lissy. Throwing up was involved. Bleh. So, Thursday was good. Ah, I need a high note - we planted pumpkins and made mint brownies and both are fantastic!
No comments:
Post a Comment