Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Milestones and Meat

Being the oldest cousin in a big family is a huge job - so many other little people are influenced by their decisions. My nephew Brent has set the example so well, always being kind to my boys when we see him. He is also doing important things that I love for them to see, like being ordained an Elder last month. What a luxury for a mom to be able to teach her children about things like the Melchizedek Priesthood, just because they get to see someone receive it. Anyway, I love that aspect, but it wasn't about me, it was about Brent, and many of us got together to witness the event then eat afterward. Gary's brother Dallin also just got accepted into medical school, so he wanted to kill the fatted calf for that, as well. Perhaps a few fatted calves - there was a lot of meat. We only got one picture of Brent, and I thought it was a better one than that, but we were really proud of him. The bonus of the day was that my kids got to see Idaho cousins they rarely see, so I tried to capture that adorableness right up.

Eliza, Andrew, and somebody sneaking up out of the woods . . .

Noah, fresh off the buzz he got from cutting his own hair, Eliza, Andrew, Josh, and Mitchell - why are sticks so amazing?



Behold the meat! Dallin celebrated the accomplishments with an incredible BBQ feast for all. Sorry about the shadows in the pic, it was truly a sight to behold.

Dallin, Noah, Josh, the man of the day Brent, and Dean

Lissy loves Aunt Martha

Tessa is too cute

Abby is the perfect mini-mommy. She held her sister and Lissy at the same time. Happily.

New kind of soda pop

1 comment:

Ali said...

Cousins and Sticks...what could be better?!! They look completely content.

Oh, and I've been meaning to respond to your comment about the sensory bins- super easy to store, by the way. I just bought a box of jumbo ziplocks and I keep each one in a ziplock and keep them all in one bin in the garage, and then when I bring them out again, I just dump them in my long sensory bin for play...shouldn't take up much more room in the garage, right?! :)