My last hurrah in Virginia was Virginia Beach. The entire city was (part of) my first area on my mission, but I didn't think I'd get to see any of it because we'd be on the freeway until we got pretty close to the beach. Lucky me (and unlucky everyone else), there was some type of problem on the freeway that caused us to have to divert and drive through town, so I got to see so many familiar things. The entire drive was lovely. We got to see the Navy ships at Norfolk, the great wide ocean, and many a cute place in Virginia Beach. Forget about the yucky parts of Norfolk.
The drive took longer than hoped, but we eventually got to this gorgeous beach and got to swim in the Atlantic Ocean. I love playing in the sand and bobbing around in the waves, and thoroughly enjoyed doing so while chatting with family. However, poor Lissy put one too many sand-covered item in her mouth to love it, especially since she got knocked down by a wave. I thought we were far enough up on the shore to play in the sand . . . When the day was done and I insulted her one last time by rinsing her at the rinse station, the poor sun-soaked, exhausted baby curled up on my chest and fell asleep.
Despite the driving, I really enjoyed myself, and the people in the car with me (hooray, mom and dad). When I was washing the beach off of me at the end of the day I thought to myself, "Wow, this has been so amazing." Here is the great Atlantic and some cute babies. And swimsuit models.
Then my daddy drove me to the airport the next morning and Lissy and I got on some planes and made our way across the country. I sat by some kids, one of which wanted to talk about Busch Gardens the whole time, and since Josh is my child I had learned to be totally impressed so our conversation worked. Lissy was ready to be done with flying, especially since she couldn't be in her car seat on any of the flights, but she is a champ and we made it. Then Gary and 3 cute little boys met us at the airport and gave me peanut butter M &M's. It was my first thing to eat since breakfast, so I ate two packs. Thanks, boys. The Boys were adorable and now I live with them, the end.
No comments:
Post a Comment