Friday, August 31, 2012

It's Baby Girl

Last week Lissy turned 10 months, so it's probably time for her 9 month update. And wow, she is a different kid . . .

Lissy became a mobile little woman just before 9 months. She approached it differently than the boys. Instead of going from a creep to a crawl, she stretched out her sitting more and more until she did an effective bum scoot, and now a crawl. At her well child check (9.5 months) she weighed 18 lbs 11 oz, was 27.5 inches long,  and was well. Well except that her iron is way low, so we'll see how these delicious drops do as far as helping.

Elisabeth gets around fast, and has now added climbing up the stairs to her skillz. She's so little and our stairs are so steep, it's scary. She loves dancing, and when some music comes on she will start bobbing her head and waving her arms. She even knows if she crawls over to the stereo and bangs around on it, she will get music. It's hard to stop her from doing that during the prayer. She has 8 teeth, and it looks like numbers 9 through 12 are getting ready to pop through. She waves night-night and good-bye, and babbles mom-mom a whole lot. Coincidence? Hard to tell. She pulls herself up on stuff, and when she pulls herself up in her crib only her eyes stick out at the top. Gary says that's why he doesn't take her seriously. He also ran upstairs to buy a new charger for our Flip camcorder when he watched Lissy trying to walk (while holding my hands). She actually balanced on her two feet by herself for the first time a few weeks ago . . . AAAH, she wants to be big! Cute, but come on girl, you are my baby . . .


This is Lissy at just about 7 months, right before the camera went wacky. When we  found the camera, I found a few pictures . . .
Yes, the camera went nuts, but see how excited she was to be in this pillow palace . . .


Right before 9 months, making her first mess! 


I tried to get some good shots of Lissy around 8 1/2 months. I took a lot of pictures, and I am showing restraint by only showing these . . . I know there are a lot, but they each show different little facets of Lissy.



The kids in the neighborhood were very interested in me taking pictures of Lissy, and wanted to be a part of it. Good. We never get pictures of these kids who are always running around outside our house with my boys.






This is a good shot of how she approached crawling. No army  crawls or belly scoots like the boys.



And finally some more recent photos showcasing the skills. 9 and a half to 10 months.
She's officially a real kid - she loves to get into the dishwasher. And so proud, too . . .


Just in the middle of pulling herself up . . .

From Gary's cell phone - on her way up the stairs . . . we're scared, but she loves it.


Celebrating the summit.
We love this little girl! I was a bit scared to have a girl, if you recall, and was totally fine with all boys. Obviously, Lissy changed that. She squeaks and squeals like a girl and hugs a fuzzy, pink baby doll. She is also much smaller than the boys at this age. The other day I was cooking dinner, and had on some music. A slow song came on, so I thought I should do some ballet with/for her. I was just being silly, but she LOVED it, and did some movement of her own. She was just standing there so petite and cute . . . IT'S A GIRL!
Unrelated to any of the rest of this post, let's end with Andrew since this picture was with the stair crawling. He didn't want us to forget him! He calls this, "Spiky fingers."

4 comments:

sarahflib said...

Such a cute girl! I love all of those pictures. We installed a gate at the top of our stairs and it makes life much easier when we're up there.

Ali said...

I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again- I think she's seriously in the top three of most beautiful baby girls I have ever seen. So sweet.

Trever and Heather said...

I love girls. Give me scads of them! But that's probably because I don't have any boys.

How did you get your blog to look so cool in this "magazine" layout. I've tried and can't figure it out...

This Idaho Girl said...

I'm relieved you finally captured a smiling picture of Lissy. Hooray for happy babies. The funny thing is that our girls are doing exactly the same things. Curse those wipes from Sam's Club! Why did they make them so fun top pull out of their bag? Today Annabelle tried to climb out of the tub. I barely saved her from slipping head first onto the floor. Yikes! What's next? I'm afraid to find out.