I will freely admit I'm writing this after the fact. (By 3 weeks!) However, at the time I felt like writing about my week enough to jot some notes I never got a chance to flesh out. So, time to flesh. Out. Or something.
I think this was the week that the post-session hit me. When the session first got over I had boundless energy from the high of a completed task, but it's never really boundless and there's always a crash . . . Monday started with the normal busy level - volunteering at Josh's class. I love getting a chance to know the kids in his class and see his teacher in action, so it's something I enjoy. Oh, yeah, and also I'm hopefully helping. Anyway, started out normal, but then I had also been asked to volunteer at the cotton candy party a few of the classes had received as an award from the PTA. Josh's was one of them, so I yanked Lissy out of her crib mid-nap and took the kids to the school. Cotton candy party- not a problem for any of them. It was super cute to see how much a few tablespoons of spun sugar can make a kid's day. Even mid-nap.
I knew I had to teach preschool on Tuesday morning at my house, but I was too tired to stay up to set everything up, so I thought I'd do it in the morning. So, I went to bed around 11 . . .and woke up to Andrew screaming at 1:30. I helped him, no problem, but then couldn't fall back to sleep. What was on my mind, I don't even remember, but I gave up tossing and turning at 3, and came downstairs to read things online. Got too tired at 4, and got back in bed . . .no dice still. At 4:45 I thought as long as I was awake I'd might as well be saving money, so I got up and went price-matching to Walmart. Oh, my, how one feels at Walmart at 5 in the morning! I talked out loud to myself to stay sane, but it may have seemed the opposite? It felt right, though.
So, there we had preschool, and actually had a ton of fun. Tuesday went great, but on Thursday Lissy decided she would be the gladiator of the morning. She got in everyone's face the whole time (to be fair, she was cute and social, but it turned out distracting), and made sure everyone was wet and painty by the end. I have already accepted an invitation on her behalf to go elsewhere next time I teach.
On Wednesday I had some things majorly on my mind, and as luck (or blessings) would have it, Gary and I had already planned on going to the temple for our ward sealing assignment. It was a nice session, and I felt the peace that I always do in the temple, but the incredible thing happened right as we were about to leave. The sealer decided to say a few words to us before we left, and he directly addressed the questions that were weighing on my mind. It was truly incredible.
So in addition to all of the things already listed apparently I went visiting teaching that week and also to the dentist. I wish I remembered what happened at visiting teaching that I wanted to note, but wow, I can see now why I was so tired. As for the dentist, my kids actually really like the dentist, so we have fun going. You know, in a dentist sort of way. I really like our dentist, and he even looked in Lissy's mouth. No cavities there, but she does have some funny thing that will put a gap between her teeth. Good thing she's so pretty. Anyway, we did turn up our first cavities in the family, so sad. Here's my conversation with Gare:
Me: We have our first cavities. Guess who has them?
Gary: Andrew
Me: No, that's who would deserve them. It's someone who deserves it the least.
Gary: Noah
Yep, poor Noah, it is flossing cavities. Poor kid is so faithful with brushing his teeth, and had been begging me to buy him flossers, but I kept forgetting until just a few weeks prior to our dentist trip. Oops. Josh pointed out that made it my fault. Yep, again. Funny thing is, I had nearly an identical conversation with my mom as I did with Gary.
So . . . the kids needed shirts for church - Easter was on Sunday, Lissy had a new dress she'd been given, and the boys were in need anyway. Also, there was some other reason we needed to go to Salt Lake that I totally forgot. OH, yes, the Easter bunny needed to go to the Distribution Center to get his gifts. So, we drove straight from the dentist to Gary's office. Then to Rubio's. (We were starving.) Then to Trader Joe's. (Each kid had their own tiny cart and it was waaay too awesome.) Then to Paradise Bakery for cookies. (It was next door and Lissy needed an activity while I finished up buying the groceries. Also cookies are good.) Then to Ross (no Easter shirts, but Lissy tried on a lot of girly things and the boys tried on thug caps). Then to Target (hooray, we got shirts, and shoes for Lissy. You should see her in the shoe section trying everything on.). Okay, this is a laundry list, but it just keeps on coming off my fingers because I now think it's so funny we went to so many places. It's not over - we had that Distribution Center left. Really, it was just fun to be out with the family relaxing after a nutso week. Josh saw a store that amused him, and he spent the night saying, "Bed, Bath, and . . . Beyond!" in a super-hero voice, and then jumping off something.
Phew. So, that's a week. I guess on Saturday we got ready for Easter by cleaning up . . . that's not of huge note, but after that week I had to guess it would be something going on . . .
Oh, yes, one last thing. Gary watched a TON of Man vs. Wild that week, mostly as he was cleaning up. The kids think the show is incredible, and Noah actually put it on for himself when he got a chance to choose a show. They then spent a day playing Bear Grylls outside. Josh came in saying, "We're being Bear Grylls and I ate the leg of a bee!"
1 comment:
Leave it to Josh to take a place like Bed Bath & Beyond and make it sound awesome!
Post a Comment