Monday I found myself at Walmart with all 4 kids. One of Lissy's foot wraps fell off, and it was the foot that wasn't burned so much, so I threw the wrap in the cart thinking I'd throw it away once I saw a garbage can. The kids helped me load the groceries onto the belt at the end, and I didn't notice they threw the yucky-used-bandage-in-the-shape-of-a-foot up there until the checker picked it up. Sorry!
Josh and Noah had their yearly well-child checks, and we discovered they've both grown taller and thinner, especially Noah. The kid grew like 4 inches and only gained two pounds! He's gone from the 60th to the 90th percentile in height since he was 3, and stayed in the same percentile for weight. We left with a page of instructions to deal with Josh's allergies and Noah's reactive airway. Since Josh got a prescription for allergy meds, I thought I'd go ahead and get Noah the peak flow meter the doctor recommended while we were at the pharmacy. After that he was SO PUMPED to use it. It's so funny to see what makes kids feel special.
On Wednesday we had a big Seven Peaks day with Cindy, Kristen, their fams, and special treat - my dad, Katie, Kayla, and Dave came, too. Oh, yes, and Gary got off to come, woo-hoo! We had a fantastic time, but I didn't bring my camera. The cousins had a blast together - it was adorable how Tate did such a great job sticking with Noah. I went on my first slide, but mostly fed Lissy's thrill-seeking habit but holding her on my lap while I went down the small kid slides. She also discovered floating on her ear is fun, and it was adorable. Last time to see my dad for a while, too bad, but it was fun being there with him.
Noah said a lunch prayer one day, said he was thankful he has such a great mom. Moments like those melt me and make me feel like we're doing just fine. Or at least Noah is a sweet kid.
Gary's favorite kid-comment was when Noah was taking a bath and said he was making sure to wash his leg-pits.
Special treat on Saturday - Gary's brother Matthew and family were in town, and we got to see them! Allison provided a delish berry-banana baked oatmeal (I've made it twice since then), and a place to chat it up, so we ate and chatted it up. Lissy was in heaven with girl cousins and girl toys. She followed them around, and they were so sweet to make sure she was in on the fun. I didn't take any pictures, but Rachel was awesome enough to share hers with me the second I asked. So good to see them. Eric took us on a Costo-adventure afterward, and while we didn't buy new flooring, we had fun with Eric, and the boys were a great excuse to line up at every sampling table.
| Girl cousins! |
| Super-heroes have to take a break sometimes to study their craft. |
| They rode out the brief rain-storm in our van. Too funny. |
I also realized I'd better finish the burn story - although one of her feet initially looked yucky, it was much better in a few days. I feel like it was a huge blessing!
No comments:
Post a Comment