Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Wild, Wild Week: (BDay) Party Here, (Girls') Party There

We're headed to the Wild, Wild Week, so fasten your stirrups . . .

Sarah and Co. had spent a few days in Provo, so we welcomed them back on Monday night - to some lovely butter chicken and some boys on a "plastic cowboys and indians battles in forts made with blocks" obsession.

The boys were really into this game for a few days, and extremely proud when I came to take a picture of it. I thought it was pretty creative.
Tuesday was a happy, happy birthday for our Violet dear, so we had a party, and much family joined us. As part of the festivities we went to the "waterslide pool" for a few hours (it goes without saying much fun was had by all . . .I love doing things one-on-one with my kids like take them on a waterslide), and then had kickball, dinner, and cake.
Hannah's then-fiance Jordan got right into the game. Josh is always into the game. It's Tate on first.

Braden goes for the big kick . . .


These boys (Tate, Braden, Josh, and Noah) thought they were HILARIOUS for coming downstairs repeatedly singing Gangnam Style. This would have been better served as a video, but still . . . Oh, yes, and while Sarah and I were getting haircuts the week before, Dave sent her a text saying, "What song does Andrew know that says, 'Hey, sexy lady?'" 

Kayla, Tate, Hannah, Violet, Braden, Jordan, Sophie - party people.

Sophie set up a store in the garage. Genius.

Kayla's always willing to help a baby become a flag-football participant.

Kristen made this incredible cake for Violet, featuring her favorite things. She was very excited about it, but a little bewildered when she and the awesome cake suddenly became the center of attention. Such a cutie!

For the purposes of truly appreciating the amazing-ness of the cake, Dave agreed to pose Purple, Orange, and Blanket for a photo.

While posting these pictures I realized I don't have any pictures of my mom and dad - for shame! They were there, they were adorable, and we loved seeing them. I was just trying to enjoy the night without being overly-picturey, and now have no shot of them.

Turns out EVERYONE loves Madeline's CF vest. They all clamored for turns with it, and Lissy wanted turn after turn . . . she vested for almost the full 30 minutes on the day they left.

I thought it was amusing to capture what Madeline was doing while everyone else was excitedly using her vest.

The big bachelorette party/girls' night for my sisters and mom was Wednesday in Brigham City, and Sarah wanted to visit the Brigham City temple since she never had, so thanks to Dave's awesomeness, we went. Such a beautiful temple, and the first time I've ever been given a wooden tablet with my session time carved on it. (I had to give it back.) Seriously, good call by Sarah. When I came out I felt so good and overwhelmingly peaceful inside . . .

Sigh . . . How beautiful it looks is how I feel inside when I go. (Photo taken from lds.org. You can learn more about it there.)

When we emerged from the temple Sarah and I got the news that our sisters had started the girls' night by getting pedicures. I was excited - I had never gotten one before and thought a night with the girls before my sister's wedding would be the perfect start. Aaah . . . how relaxing! Seriously, I could go for relaxing more often, though if not chatting with sisters it may lose a bit of perfection. One awkward moment - The guy told me to put my feet under the light to dry, and he pointed at a waist-height light-area. I thought it seemed odd, and said, "Here?" He said yes, so I went for it, and as I did asked Hannah, "So, you think this is awkward for a lot of people?" She quickly showed me where to put my feet - not in the place where you are supposed to put your hands. I am a cave-woman.

Dinner came next, at the Idle Isle Cafe. No adorable group-shot of the night, but Hannah did go around the table, so here we go . . .

Katie and Hannah

Cindy and Sarah (Keaton's in there, too)

Kayla and Kristen

Mama and me, complete with this special effect.
After the fun night, Sarah and I hit the shopping to try to find something to wear for the wedding. Sarah picked up every single thing in the color range to show me and came back with this gorgeous possibility.
I look quite awesome in this photo, but I just had to remember the laughter the pants brought when Sarah presented them to me . . .
Then we went to every store until every store was closed, and dropped into our beds very late . . . aaah.


No comments: